Determining the supplmentary groups of a given proces...

Determining the supplmentary groups of a given proces...

Post by Jason V. Robertso » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:33:40

Hi,

        [ HP-UX 11.00 ]
I've been searching high and low for a way to do this.  Basically, as root,
I need to be able to determine the supplementary groups in a given process by
pid.  I think I know a horrible, horrible way to do it involving kmem, q4,
the 'struct proc' structure, and a whole lot of hacks - _maybe_.  But before
I go down that road, I'm wondering if there's some 'duh' way to do this.

Now, my real problem is I want to reliably track a process spawned from a
parent that I own.  Even if a child fork->fork->exec->setpgrp()'s and thereby
effectively detaches itself from parent ownership, I want to know about it.
So I figured I'd try the AFS 'setpag' trick, and add supplementary groups to
the process when I create it.  All this code is in user space.

Any suggestions much appreciated.  I don't think the pstat_* calls will give
supplementary group info, right?

Thanks,
        Jason
--

|Not speaking for Intel.                          |

1. some system/proces info in HPUX 11 (C code)

HI:
I need some info from the system and process for c code program:
1) the list of the machine IPs
2) the cpu speed (for multiprocessor machine)
3) the CPU Load for a variable delta time (I know that pstat give me
the average for 1, 5 and 15 mins, but I need for example for 2 sec.)
4) the Memory user by a process (real memory without the virtual
memory)
5) the process owner.

Thanks a lot....

2. Problem Sending Mail using PopStar

3. Resource for HP list proces

4. 2509 terminal server for Sun?

5. Which system proces is using cpu

6. HP Printer on Parallel Port

7. I'm looking for a command for proces s tracing.

8. ZENworks does not show AXT application

9. duplicate group lines in the group file

10. Personal groups / group sets

11. How can I increase the number of members in a group (/etc/group)?

12. Is it possible to make groups of groups?

13. uname -a gives "unknown" instead of hostname