direct connect blues

Post by Robbie Tisch » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I need source to make a direct serial connection to another machine. I want to
pass snmp UDP packets across this serial wire and have them come out on the
other side just as if they had come across the network as a real UDP packets.

It looks like Steven's dialer code could provide the connect layer. I
downloaded the code, but can't get it to work under hpux because of
differences in how streams and low-level ioctl calls work.

As a test bed, I have a null-modem cable connected from RS-232 A port to B
port. Has someone got a setup that works? Any suggestions?

Robbie
(hpux 715/80 10.01)

direct connect blues

Post by Marcel Meij » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Why don't you use HP-UX's ppl for SLIP connections?

Marcel
--
____   __ . . __

| | | |__  _| | | National Aerospace Laboratory NLR  fax: +31 20 5113210

1. Slirp via a direct connect to an HP

Has anyone successfully used SLIrP on their HP 700 through a direct
connection on one of the serial ports???

 I am trying to do this, and I have managed to get it working to some
degree. I can connect to SLIrP and I can telnet to certain hosts. But I
cannot access any hosts when I try to connect using HTTP or NNTP. I keep
getting checksum errors.

Any thoughts??
--
 Rob Focht                                  __o     /\

 Electronics Division, Ford Motor Co.     `,/'(*)/     \/\
 Dunton, England                         (*) ___/         \

2. XSLT problem can you help

3. HP-UX Blues: LVM root VG and Ignite-UX

4. Loadqm.exe,LoadPowerProfile (2)

5. 10.2 install blues

6. Apple/Sun Laserwriter Info Needed

7. HP 9.04 Root login blues . . .

8. Every time Plug in/out

9. Modem blues (can't talk to them)

10. 38400 Modem Blues

11. : tn3270 blues??

12. Problem: VUE login stops at blue copyright screen

13. Dbaccess and Directing output to /dev/null