link times on K-server for processes >60MB -> HP linker gets very slow

link times on K-server for processes >60MB -> HP linker gets very slow

Post by Ralf Otto KS-EIPB 60/2/189 #4686 » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

has anyone experience in linking a process >60 MB on
a HP (e.g. K-server 4 processors, 2GB RAM).
My experience is that the link time doubles (from ~20 minutes
to 50 minutes) when the process size growes from 60MB to 68MB.
I use the following linker:
/usr/bin/ld:
        92453-07 linker linker ld B.10.27 970417
The K-server is not swapping during linking - I checked that.
nm gives 208788 for the 60MB process (20 min)
and 225369 for 68MB process (50 min)
so the complexity of linking did not increase
that much that it justifies the double link time.

Has anybody experience in linking a 100MB process
with such HP linker?

regards

ralf

1. HP Optical Jukeboxes>>>> Up to 1.2TB of Storage

Magneto-Optical jukeboxes are the premier choice for high-volume information
storage in industries where long-term, durable and permanent storage are
major concerns. With an HP optical jukebox, your storage system becomes a
competitive asset that allows you to improve customer service, reduce
back-office costs, provide information for audits and enhance the way you
analyze, share and distribute information. Fast, high capacity, highly
reliable optical jukebox with up to 1.2 TB total capacity; up to six 9.1 GB
multifunction optical drives, accessing 128 disk slots. We currently have
Quantity two of these units in stock and ready to ship (pn-C1110J). HP
currently lists this item new for $61,375.00. We will accept a fractional
amount of the list price. Call or email with serious offers. Check HP link
for additional information.

http://www.products.storage.hp.com/eprise/main/storage/DisplayPages/s....
htm?DataPage=1200mx-jukebox

1200ex

Best regards,
Tim Sturzenegger

http://www.novastarsolutions.com
+1 734 453 8003 voice
+1 734 453 8103 fax

----

2. FS: 3COM/Palm Computing Deluxe Leather Case

3. <<>> COMPUTER SOFTWARE / HARDWARE <<>>

4. SHARP PC-3000

5. >>>---> US - Multiple Locations - HPUX SYS ADMINS <---<<<

6. FAT and Partition table about format the removal disk

7. >>>----> US - Multiple Locations - HPUX SYS ADMINS <----<<<

8. 4mm DAT tape on 310

9. >>>---> US - Multiple Locations - HPUX SYS ADMINS <---<<<

10. >>>----> US - Multiple Locations - HPUX SYS ADMINS

11. >>>---> US - Multiple Locations - HPUX SYS ADMINS

12. HP Pthreads + Tuxedo -> Slow,slow,slow

13. >>> 9 0 % O F F <<<