Will Deskjets ever support PCL 5?

--
Dan Mercer

Post by Ed Moo » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

: Will Deskjets ever support PCL 5?

The DeskJet 1200 and 1600 models do.

1. Ghostscript support for DeskJet 660 and 850

We want to buy a DeskJet 850C (or maybe a 660C) for
printing PostScript - the only way seems to be to use
GhostScript, which only seems to support the 500C.

Either

  Is there a Ghostscript driver for the 850C?

Or

  Do the new colour DeskJets support the 500C version
  of PCL and if so is all this new colour technology
  (REt and C-REt) automatic or does the driver software
  on the host (Unix, PC, Mac or whatever) need to support
  it?

Cheers
--

2. Chemical Symbols in LaTeX

3. xpr source with Paintjet/Deskjet color support

4. Atari Hardware Priced to sell.

5. Anyone Ever Seen This?? ioscan attached.

6. Java starts up.

7. Patches and Ever-explanding /Var

8. Anyone ever use an EMC CX1000 with HPUX?

9. Has anyone ever installed a peridata tape drive?

10. Has Anyone ever had problems with GNU sed on HP-UX 9.07?

11. ever hear of ve?

12. cpio: Have you ever seen this?