CANADIAN IT Network Security Consultants (3 year contract)

CANADIAN IT Network Security Consultants (3 year contract)

Post by CogniCase - Recruteme » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:58:09

SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY - JUNIORS DO NOT APPLY - RELOCATION NOT
PROVIDED - POSITIONS WILL BE LOCALLY IN ALL 10 LARGEST CANADIAN
CITIES.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SENDING YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH !

We use electronic information extensively to support our daily
business processes and those of our clients. All Data is accessed and
stored, reliable access to this information is critical to our
business and to our clients.

In light of an important outsourcing project completed this year to
review our security practices. We now have to ensure that our data and
that of the businesses we support and services we offer our clients
are critically and confidentially identified and adequately protected.

We are now seeking for senior network security experts residing all
across Canada to participate in a project where they will evaluate
threats and document their potential impact and document an analysis
of current security services and provide a prioritized plan on the key
areas for attention and improvement for all our locations across
Canada and partners in every major city in Canada. Our objective is to
implement the planned activities in priority order over a time period
from 2002 to 2005.

Responsibilities:
You will participate in supporting and establish security for a public
ATM network for data and for some voice services that stretches from
St. John's to Victoria and from Inuvik. The network handles streaming
media as well as data with the potential for video in the near future
and other voice services are PSTN.

The two major data centers are located in Toronto and in Montreal.
These data centers employ NT, Novell, HP-Unix, VAX, and Compaq server
technologies. These two centers also provide the main gateways to the
Internet using Gauntlet Firewall technology. In total the IT
department will support 350 servers and approximately 9000 PCs running
Windows 95 and 2000.

The data network supports both TCP/IP and IPX. GroupWise is the
selected email application for internal communications. GroupWise
communicates to the web via an Internet SMTP gateway.

Remote access is an ever-increasing demand. User mobility is of great
significance because of the nature of our core business. Remote access
to systems is accomplished using Remote Node, Remote Control and VPN
technologies.  Remote Node is achieved using SHIVA and SHIVA-like
devices. Remote Control is provided using PCAnywhere and Reachout
desktop applications. VPN access is provided for branch offices via
the Internet as well as for individual users whether at home or
abroad. The VPN technology in use is the Nortel Contivity product
line.

The project will be divided in 4 phases as part of every phase you
must be able to conduct:

1. Data classification of the information stored, disseminated and
processed should be reviewed for sensitivity, prepare a recommendation
for data classification, implement the data classification system for
the 11critical applications, apply the same process to the remaining
200 IT supported systems and provide guidelines and direction to
‘client’ supported systems.

2. Security Awareness meaning develop a security awareness program and
implement throughout the corporate environment, develop the
awareness/training program, execute training across the corporation
and develop a plan to continue the awareness program.

3. Establish security guidelines and policies, review and augment
current policies in key categories including, but not limited to, the
following:
a. Internet points of ingress/egress
b. Firewall management
c. Remote network access
d. ISP/ASP management
e. Extranet access
f. Data classification
g. Network management
h. Regional site management
i. Labor disputes
j. Incident response Response (IR) policy to contend with the
k. Password management
l. Critical systems logging
m. Asset management
n. Employee termination
o. Implement a mandatory security policy review and acceptance process
as a condition of employment.

4. Business Resumption Planning:  Develop Business Resumption Plans
for selected systems and backups, meaning implement daily tape backup
strategy for all other applications with shipment of a copy to offsite
storage every 24 hours and consider online backup strategy and
electronic vaulting… to an online storage service provider or
backup the data centre every 24 hours.

You will also be Establish a formal Vital Records and Offsite Storage
Program in support of critical applications:
-      secure offsite storage service provider(s)
-      Identify all vital records required
-      Implement rotation of vital records
Note: this recommendation applies mainly to the regions where no
offsite storage presently is used

Develop a comprehensive recovery capability that includes:
-      backup equipment
-      alternate site
-      re-establishment of data and voice communication

Develop a BCP organization:
-      establish a formal organization.
-      designate an IT BCP Team Lead
-      identify other primary   participants
-      formalize team roles
-      provide training to the BCP team.

Integrate Business Continuity into the Systems Development Life Cycle:

Corporate Business Impact Analysis and Planning:
-     establish a Service level and restoration timeline for Business
Units
-     quantify financial impact of outage for each application
-     provide cost-benefit of recovery strategies
-     quantify required recovery solutions
-     provide information for development of business resumption plans
- solicit senior management sponsorship for completion of BCP plans
- complete the plans

Management awareness and disaster recovery plan will require to
increase Management recognition of Business Continuity
responsibilities, review any existing crisis management plans and
identify any deficiencies and facilitate improvements

The PBX's include 30 Meridian 1 PBX's and 20 Meridian Mail voicemails
and one Octel voicemail system across the country.

REQUIREMENTS
University Degree in engineering, telecommunications or Computer
Science
10-20 years of solid experience in the IT industry with at least 10
years in LAN/WAN Network administration.
Extensive experience with Windows 95/98/NT & 2000 ADS, Novell, HP-UX,
VAX and IBM and  HP/Compaq as well as Firewall technology, CISCO,
NORTEL, SNMP, IP, ATM, PBX MERIDIAN and NETWORK SECURITY EVALUATION
and DESASTER RECOVERY PLAN.
You will also need to be experienced with OFFICE 97/2000, VISIO, VIRUS
PROTECTION, GHOST, MS PROJECT, PC ANYWHERE, REMOTE NODE, VNC, ARC
SERVE, ZEN WORKS, VPN, REACHOUT, SMS or TIVOLI, OUTLOOK, both TCP/IP
and IPX/SPX as well as GroupWise and Exchange.

ENGLISH IS A MUST BUT QUEBEC APPLICANTS MUST BE FLUENT ENGLISH AS
WELL.

Please submit your resume via email to:

in MSword format in English (you can send both French & English
version if available) as well as your salary expectations and years of
experiences with all the mentioned technologies.

ONLY SERIOUS AND QUALIFIED APPLICANTS NEED TO APPLY - NO CALLS PLEASE!
NO RELOCATION PROVIDED WE ARE SEEKING CANDIDATES FROM ALL MAJOR
CANADIAN CITIES.
PROJECT TO START IN MID-FEBRUARY 2002 till late 2005.

1. Boulder, CO: CONTRACT CONSULTANTS NEEDED NOW!

Decision Consultants, Inc.
THIS COMPANY IS ITS PEOPLE

For more than 20 years, DCI has provided cutting edge solutions for
our clientele through partnering  and information technology services.
In our pursuit of excellence we respect the individual needs of our
people.  We cultivate an environment that fosters personal growth,
rewards achievement, and ensures an opportunity for career
enhancement.  We are committed to People Orientation, Integrity, and
Quality.  People are our most valued resource.

Enlighten your career with Decision Consultants, Inc.  Our associates
enjoy competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including:
Full Medical and Dental Coverage
Life Insurance
3 1/2 Weeks Paid Personal Time Off
Revenue Bonus Plan
401K
Flexible Spending Plan
Tuition Reimbursement
Referral Bonuses
Employee Training

        And more!

We seek talented, dedicated professionals with expertise in these
areas:

LOTUS NOTES     NOVELL  WINDOWS 95      OS/2            WINDOWS NT
MVS             AIX             C++             TERADATA        OOD
OOP             OOA             UNIX            COBOL           CICS
DB2/SQL JCL             TSO/ISPF        SMP/E           MOTIF
and ORACLE

 For immediate consideration, mail/fax/e-mail  your resume to:

 Decision Consultants, Inc.
Attn: Technical Staffing Manager                        FAX: (303) 413-5093
2845 Wilderness Place Suite 200                 PHONE: (303) 413-5091

Check us out! DCI is on the NET - HomePage - http://www.dcicorp.com
(still partially under construction, give us your thoughts so far!)

2. D64-Copy

3. Network Management Contracts (4-5 people reqd.) WILTSHIRE, UK

4. Cerilica at DARC (Derbyshire Acorn Risc Club)

5. CANADIAN comparison shopping tool for computers

6. Conflict Desert Storm

7. Attention Canadians...

8. Where is lowest price?

9. SSRT3451 Potential Security Vulnerability in HP-UX network drivers (Data Leakage) (rev. 01)

10. SSRT3451 Potential Security Vulnerability in HP-UX network drivers (Data Leakage)

11. "Practical HPUX and Network Security" discontinued?

12. Network Security

13. The Eagle Integrated Enterprise Network Security System