HP 700 series probelms.

Post by Josh J Fiel » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 21:55:49

Well, I'm still trying to find a solution to problems regarding xstm on our
systems here at INRI.

To reiterate, we get the following message when attempting to run the memory
diagnostics --

        *** CANNOT LAUNCH DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAM "MEMDIAG". (DTMERR 4066)

Alice Chu at HP was kind enough to inquire, but email problems have kept me from
replying easily.

Alice, if you read this, please call me at (804)249-1234 and leave your number.
Hopefully we can trade some data and find a solution.

There is also a probelm we are having with recognising 360K 5.25" diskettes on an
external drive. Apparently the system is not recognising the disk format and
effectively tells us that it cannot see the diskette Anyone have any ideas why?

Joshua J. Fielek                            DoD#385 AMA#517381 WERA#968
Inter-National Research Institute, Inc.     1986 VF1000R  1984 XL250R

"... demented and sad, but social."         1988 EX500    198X Aero 80(Turbo)

HP 700 series probelms.

Post by Tony Burz » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 14:43:41

Quote:>    *** CANNOT LAUNCH DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAM "MEMDIAG". (DTMERR 4066)

In a related note, I found that MEMDIAG running on a cluster client will
sometimes start using CPU time and network bandwidth to check the
memory of the cluster server!  Anybody else seen this?  I eventually
just stopped the MEMDIAG from starting...  Also, running xstm's lan
card diagnostic on a cluster client makes it crash, which is
understandable, but very abrupt... :-(

Tony Burzio
AETC
San Diego, CA

HP 700 series probelms.

Post by Raymond Nijss » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 16:49:06

 >> *** CANNOT LAUNCH DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAM "MEMDIAG". (DTMERR 4066)

 TB> In a related note, I found that MEMDIAG running on a cluster client will
 TB> sometimes start using CPU time and network bandwidth to check the
 TB> memory of the cluster server!  Anybody else seen this?  I eventually
 TB> just stopped the MEMDIAG from starting...

We found that diagnostic processes on cluster clients may start swamping the
server's disk continuously. This happend soon after we installed the clients,
so we disabled those processes.

-Raymond

--
Raymond X.T. Nijssen     |       `win' in `MS-windows' is deceptive

Eindhoven University of Techology, Design Automation (ES) | phone +31-40-473614
EH 7.36, PO. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands  | fax   +31-40-464527

1. Want to Trade HP UX 10.20 HP/9000 800 series for 700 series

Hello,

Anyone want to trade my HP/9000 800 series HP/UX  10.20 and other utilities
for the 700 series version HP/UX 10.20.

I will include all software certificates.

HP sent one set with the wrong type here in Canada. Been working on an
exchange since May with HP, called almost 15 numbers in the Canada and in
the US, for a month I was being bounced from one support rep to another
(they have good support reps though in some cases but bottom line, nothing
helped), even sent an email to their new CEO, got nothing since I sent that
last week and a half ago.  I am being ignored now, maybe because I only have
small HP machines. I have never gotten a response from any of them after
working with them for a month (yes we exchanged phone calls and emails but
later on they just did a CTA Cover Their A..) just to figure out how we can
exchange the misshipments. My machines were down since May, I am frustrated
so I am asking help from this newsgroup I think it is my only chance before
I go AIX.

Thanks,

Ronald del Rosario

2. Port of Compress and Grep to D30

3. series 800 media with series 700 system?

4. 10th ICAST conference Theme:Multimedia CFP

5. HPUX 10.20 for 700 Series and HPUX 9.0 for 400 Series

6. Help! I need info on ethernet programming in C. esp. UDP

7. HP 9000/700 series

8. ftp to data queue

9. Need info on HP 700 Series A1095A Server?

10. tcpdump problems on HP-UX 10.20 (700 series)

11. FS: HP 9000 Series 700 with 40MB RAM + at $15.50

12. SPUID HP Series 700