pthread.h

Post by Chew » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00

 I have HP-UX 10.20, c89 and aCC compilers. Am I suppose to have
"pthread.h" in my /usr/include ? But I couldn't found this file
anywhere on my system.

Thanks.

KIm.

pthread.h

Post by Didier CASSEREA » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Look at the DCE packages on your CD, they contain all the text and
binary files related to HP threads
Regards

>  I have HP-UX 10.20, c89 and aCC compilers. Am I suppose to have
> "pthread.h" in my /usr/include ? But I couldn't found this file
> anywhere on my system.

> Thanks.

> KIm.

Didier CASSEREAU
Laboratoire Ondes et Acoustique
Universite Paris VII, CNRS URA 1503
10 rue Vauquelin, 75231 PARIS Cedex 05, FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)1.40.79.44.69
Fax: +33 (0)1.40.79.44.68

1. Pthread support on HPUX 11 (question from a newbie)

Hello,

I am trying to compile an application that use third party libraries
that use and require the pthread libraries. The system release is
given below:
bash-2.05b$ uname -a
HP-UX dragon B.11.11 U 9000/800 124484661 unlimited-user license
The compile options '-Ae -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L' were used for
compilation, althrough I do not think it makes sense as the source
module to be compiled themselves do not directly call pthread library
functions.

So in my linking options for the final executable I mentionned
-lpthread given the fact that there is a libpthread.a file in
/usr/lib.

However, the linking phase errored with the message below:
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   pthread_rdwr_wlock_np (code)
   pthread_rdwr_exit_np (code)
   pthread_rdwr_wunlock_np (code)
   pthread_rdwr_init_np (code)
*** Error exit code 1
I have checked that the include file in /usr/include/sys/pthread.h
that there is no prototype for such function.
However, there are some other function prototypes are like:
extern int pthread_rwlock_init(pthread_rwlock_t *,
           const pthread_rwlockattr_t *);

Could it be that the function prototypes have changed between two
pthread libraries versions (the one used to build the librairies and
the one currently on my system) (I have ordered a book for learning
the POSIX API but have not received it yet)?
Should I download some additional pthread library stuff that will
implement the missing functions?

Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you for reading,

Regards,
Benoit Gilon

2. MTec '030 Accellerator RAM?

3. pthread compilation on HP-UX 10.2 w/ gcc

4. RECORD/CD collectors store details....

5. pthread error: __libc_reinit() failed

6. MaxTOR on it's side

7. Pthreads?

8. Info on Cannon BJ printers

9. pthreads and HP-UX 11.00

10. pthreads, HP-UX 11.xx, and popen() or fork()/exec()...

11. HP-UX11 32/64bit pthread compatibility

12. Problem with pthread

13. pthread error __libc_reinit() failed - libcma