HPUX Software Developers Needed in Baltimore and Silicon Valley

HPUX Software Developers Needed in Baltimore and Silicon Valley

Post by Sandy Woodwar » Sat, 30 Dec 1995 04:00:00

The Apex Group is a nationally ranked systems integrator
(currently #50 on the LAN 100 list) that is among the 500
fastest growing technology firms in the U.S. Our client base is
entirely in the private sector, and we are located in Columbia,
Maryland. In addition to expertise in structured cabling
systems and LAN/WAN implementations, Apex has a growing staff
of software professionals and business process re-engineering
consultants engaged in the custom development of client/server
applications as well as messaging and network management
solutions for our customers. We currently have 140 employees,
and our 1995 revenues will be $18 million.

We have several immediate opportunities for software
development professionals with experience in HP-UX:

     *** C++/HP-UX Developers - Three contractors needed to
support the re-write of a financial information system in C++
for an HP9000 server employing an Oracle database and utilizing
X.25 and 3270 communications. Candidates must have C++
application development experience for HP9000 HP-UX using
Softbench and Berkeley Sockets IPC. Experience with the
Rational Rose CASE tool for C++ would be a plus. Although HP-UX
experience is preferred, strong C++/UNIX will be considered.
Location: Customer site in Rockville, MD for six months.

     *** UNIX/Oracle Consultant - We also are in need of a
UNIX/Oracle consultant to start immediately for a two-month
assignment. Candidates need to have 5 or more years of
experience, and HP-UX experience would be a plus. Location:
Columbia, MD.

     *** UNIX Network Programmers - Several openings for
experienced software developers with expertise in the full life
cycle development of network management software. Candidates
should have experience with C and UNIX (HP-UX preferred). C++
experience a plus. Candidates also should be proficient with
communications protocols as well as HP OpenView, SNMP, and
CMIP. Location: Columbia, MD.

     *** NT/UNIX Developer - Immediate opening for an
experienced software developer with strong background in
Windows NT and UNIX system internals (UNIX a must, NT desired).
Candidates should have scripting skills and expertise in C and
C++. Background in messaging would be a plus. The project
involves porting a large messaging application from HP-UX to
Windows NT. Permanent placement preferred; contractors
considered. Location: Columbia, MD.

     *** C++/Unix Software Developers - Three software
development professionals to expand our office in the Silicon
Valley (San Francisco Bay Area). These individuals will be
supporting Hewlett-Packards Enterprise Messaging Operation in
employing pioneering process management technology to develop a
leading-edge product targeted at the commercial marketplace. We
are looking for degreed candidates with 4-5 years of
application programming experience on HP-UX (or other flavor of
Unix) using C and C++. Desirable experience also includes NT,
MS Windows, DCE, CORBA, messaging, and database technology. We
are willing to relocate. Permanent placement preferred.

     *** OpenView Integrators - Candidates should have
experience with HP OpenView in the Unix environment (preferably
HP-UX, Sun/Sun-OS, Solaris, or NetView on AIX).  Experience
with other OpenView applications such as CiscoWorks, Optivity,
NetLabs, ISI-CAD, Peregrine, Legent Paradigm, Legent Agent
Works, or Cabletron Spectrum is preferred. Any OperationsCenter
and Onion Peel RoboMap experience also is a plus. Two full-time
permanent positions available based in Columbia, MD (60% of
work performed at customer sites, and 75% of on-site work will
be in the Baltimore/Washington area).Also available are two
contractor positions for individuals with experience in
OperationsCenter: one at a customer site in Richmond, VA and
one at a customer site in Orlando, FL. Both projects will last
for three months.

Apex's work environment is casual and flexible, with an
exceptional focus on quality customer service. In fact, we have
recently committed to pursuing ISO 9000 certification.

If you or someone you know may be interested in opportunities
at Apex, I would be pleased to speak with you. If you would
like additional company information, please visit our web site
at www.apexgrp.com.

Sandy Woodward
Director of Recruiting
The Apex Group, inc.
Work Phone: 410-312-2587
Home Phone: 410-672-6685
Fax: 410-290-0219

1. Employment Opportunity : Silicon Valley

    Quantum Corp., one of the south bays largest hard drive mfgr's,

    currently has openings for Database & Systems Administrators

    (System Administrators should be experenced in HP-UX).

    Quantum has progressively captured larger shares of the hard

    drive market each year and the future looks very positive, indeed.

    Salaries & compensations are much more favorable than the industry

    standard. If you have experience in either field, please send

    your resume to :

2. Strange Ping problem

3. HPUX ORACLE DEVELOPER NEEDED

4. e-mail info sought

5. HPUX SysAdmin & Consultancy Contracts, London & T. Valley

6. FAQ: News and Mail: pointer to comp.os.msdos.mail-news FAQs

7. R&D Software Developers

8. composite index symbols

9. Paging Software (for developers)

10. US-GA-Atlanta >>IMMEDIATE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER POSITION!!!!

11. HP-UX device driver developer needed!

12. HP developer needed

13. Driver Developers: Help needed!