newbie question on diskless clients

Post by Mich » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 04:53:48

Hi,
what do I need to do to boot and run diskless HP-UX clients, other
than enabling bootp server and adding the client in SAM?
The clients finds the server, starts booting, and fails with "Status =
-7; Failed to initialize"
Thanks
  Michal

newbie question on diskless clients

Post by Florian Anwande » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:03:40

Hi Michal

Quote:> The clients finds the server, starts booting, and fails with "Status =
> -7; Failed to initialize"

found occasionally your posting:

What type of machine is this? (command model)

lan boot works only over the built in LAN interface.

Entry init level errors while booting from lan are rare:
Status = -7 usually means you are booting from a not for boot supported
card,
-> lan boot works only over the built in LAN interface.

Status = -4 usually means, the lan connection has a lots of errors (usually
wrong Speed or duplex settings)

Florian
--
Florian Anwander                  |ConSol*  HP-Support
Tel.   +49.89.45841-133           |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH

1. change HP diskless client IP address

I have an HP-UX 10.20 725 server and a couple 715 diskless clients.
The clients boot over the LAN and NFS mount their file system.
I need to change the IP address of both the server and the clients.
HP says the only way to do this is to start over and rebuild the
server and then add the clients!
Is there a way to change the IP addresses in some config files
to do this without starting over?
Any help would be appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Refill your own cartridges.

3. diskless client ip address change

4. The "E" drive on a hp200lx

5. date on diskless client always resets after cycling the power

6. I have a problem on start visual studio dot net.

7. HPUX 10.20, Bootp server and diskless client problem

8. Mail Notification util for WFW

9. How to serve SUN-Box as a diskless client from my HP700 ?

10. Time/date setting on NFS diskless client on bootup

11. DIAGMON on diskless client

12. A separate /usr/tmp for a diskless client?