Please help, Directory list program needed.

Please help, Directory list program needed.

Post by mr_sclau » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I need to perform a system consolidation. I need to consolidate
numerous directories. Can anyone recommend a program that
graphically depicts existing directory structures in 10.10. I'd
like a nice tree program that I can print out.

Thanks in advance, and extra presents under the tree next year
for all who help.

The Jolly Red Man.

Post by Timothy A. Brow » Sun, 13 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hello,

>I need to perform a system consolidation. I need to consolidate
>numerous directories. Can anyone recommend a program that
>graphically depicts existing directory structures in 10.10. I'd
>like a nice tree program that I can print out.

>Thanks in advance, and extra presents under the tree next year
>for all who help.

>The Jolly Red Man.

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network
*
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Try the following script:

#!/usr/bin/ksh

if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
  START=`pwd`
else
  START=$1
fi

find $START -type d -print 2>/dev/null |
sort | sed -e 's/\// /g' |
awk '
{
  if(NR==1)

    gsub(" ", "/", $0);   # add back in the /'s
    printf("%s\n", $0);   # display the starting directory
  }
  else
  {
    indent=""             # indent the subdirectory
    for(i=0; i<NF; i++)
      indent=indent"   ";

    printf("%s%s\n", indent, dir_arr[split($0, dir_arr , " ")]);
  }

Quote:}'

Good luck,
-Tim

Please help, Directory list program needed.

Post by Timothy A. Brow » Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Oops, see line correction.  There was a poorly placed '.

Quote:>#!/usr/bin/ksh

>if [ $# -eq 0 ]; then
>  START=`pwd`
>else
>  START=$1
>fi

>find $START -type d -print 2>/dev/null |
>sort | sed -e 's/\// /g' |
>awk '
>{
>  if(NR==1)

>    gsub(" ", "/", $0);   # add back in the /'s

gsub(" ", "/", $0);   # add back in the /s

Quote:>    printf("%s\n", $0);   # display the starting directory
>  }
>  else
>  {
>    indent=""             # indent the subdirectory
>    for(i=0; i<NF; i++)
>      indent=indent"   ";

>    printf("%s%s\n", indent, dir_arr[split($0, dir_arr , " ")]);
>  }
>}'

>Good luck,
>-Tim

1. ps -ef list being truncated and large directories not listing - very annoying

I believe there is a patch to allow the use of wild characters with ls or ll
etc.... in directories containing a large number of files. This is a 10.20
box. Can anyone help.

I am also getting annoyed with the output of several ps commands as the
process information is being truncated. Is there a patch for this or can I
use another command in order to display processes and the full list of
parameters etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

2. http as source port - FW1?

3. Please Help: How to set quota per directory?

4. MS-XML Parser Dependencies

5. Please help compiling X/Motif program with static links on HPUX 10.20 with C++

6. read(istream),write(ostream) standard??

7. Please help HPUX Audio Programming

8. morrowind rethan manor

9. Please help with Low level Graphics card programming information

10. Need help. I removed /dev directory!!

11. Need help listing btmp

12. linking directories ... help needed

13. Help needed: How to optimize the library list for ld(1)