xpr source with Paintjet/Deskjet color support

xpr source with Paintjet/Deskjet color support

Post by System Application Eng I » Thu, 14 Oct 1993 23:04:44

We are currently using HP-UX 8,02 on an 817s.  We make use of
xpr to print dumps of screens and windows.  We would like to
use the same techniques on other systems like AIX, but have found
that most other vendor OS's do not include support for HP Paintjet
and Deskjet color printers in the xpr utility.

Does anyone know where source for an xpr program with the aforementioned
printer support can be obtained?  As a wild thought, would HP part with it
to support purchase and use of their printers on other non-HP systems?

Thanks in advance.
Response through e-mail is OK.

3655 Westcenter Drive                                   phone: 713-783-6020
Houston, Texas 77042                                    fax:   713-783-3434

1. XPR for colour laserjet?

I'm looking for a way of printing colour X pixmaps to our LaserJet 5m
with Postscript. We used to use xpr for our mono lasers but it won't do
colour postscript :-(

Is their a newer version fo xpr? I'm on 10.20 right now.

Any other utility for printing pixmaps from the command line would also
suffice. The images are being generated by xwd. I can print them using
Xv but it would be nicer for the users to automate the task. TIA.

--
"It is better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your
mouth in a meeting with users & prove it." Ancient programming proverb

NB: As I am a gibberring idiot any views expressed here are not
the views of Stolt Comex Seaway Ltd. Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland

2. Full Text Indexing Needed...

3. Color Postscript with xpr

4. NewBie Question: How do I open a file with wide(i.e. Unicode) charaters?

5. printing to color deskjet from HP-UX

6. Wrksplf option1 - SndnetSplf on V5R2

7. Printing color postscript to HP DeskJet 2000C

8. Road Runner and OS/2

9. Will Deskjets ever support PCL 5?

10. Ghostscript support for DeskJet 660 and 850

11. Looking for ANSI color support

12. JetDirect EX/PaintJet XL300 dropping connections

13. Help ! Paintjet XL300