Can g++ produce OO object code compatible with HP-UX OO object libraries?

Can g++ produce OO object code compatible with HP-UX OO object libraries?

Post by Keith Hanl » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

We have bought Ilog Views for GUI development.  We are using g++
2.7.2 for our project.  Ilog Views (Ilv) produces c++ code which
compiles just fine using g++ but it fails to link.  We get
undefined Ilv symbols even though they are defined in the
libraries shipped which the product.

I'm guessing that g++ mangles OO symbols differently than the HP
c++ compiler used by Ilog to produce their libraries.  Is there a
way for me to build g++ so that it mangles symbols in a compatible
fashion?  If so, will it still be possible to use gdb?

Are there any other approaches? Can I post-process my object code to
make it compatible with the ilog libraries?

Thanks for your help,

1. <<HELP>> Building C++ OO Shared Library

I require assistance in building a shared library of C++ classes
consisting of abstract and non-abstract classes. The inheritance
hierarchies consist of the following:

        1) abstract class inherited by a non-abstract class
        2) abstract class inherited by a abstract class inherited
           by a non-abstract class. (some methods are hidden).

The pure vitrual methods are being defined as inline in the
non-abstract classes. One area of difficulty is compiling
position-independent code. How do I know if the compiler can handle
this computional option?

I need this shared library so that different proceeses can access
instantiated objects in shared memory. Right now the virtual table
is only accessable by the creator of the object.

Larry Clooney

2. auto logon for windows 2000

3. Producing 64 bit objects on 32 hpux 11 with gcc

4. verbose daemon, is it possible?

5. Object code problem?

6. help me!

7. Embedded source line #s in C object code

8. Umax Ugate-Plus vs. Ugate-3000 vs. Linksys Cable/ADSL sharing...

9. shared library :Constructor of global object not getting called

10. Linking archive libraries into shared objects?

11. Why can't gcc find some object files in archive libraries?

12. Compile flags for shared object libraries?

13. HP-UX 10.2 and C++ objects in shared memory problems