HP-UX 10.x Driver Developer Guide

Post by Clark William » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm truly at the end of my rope. After countless 800 number
conversations and transfers, I'm still unable to find someone at HP who
can tell me how to order the Driver Developer Guide for HP-UX 10.

Does anyone know what the price is, the order number, or an 800 number
that I can call to order this document?

Thanks for any assistance.

--------------
Clark Williams
Manager, Device Driver Development
Rheyn Technologies, Inc.

(205) 837-3838

HP-UX 10.x Driver Developer Guide

Post by The Mercenary Hack » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm truly at the end of my rope. After countless 800 number
> conversations and transfers, I'm still unable to find someone at HP who
> can tell me how to order the Driver Developer Guide for HP-UX 10.

Not surprising. The new DDG is still not available yet, as far as
I know.

--

Hewlett Packard                 970-229-2048
Fort Collins, Colorado

Disclaimer and Copyright Notice: This article is intended for
educational (or recreational) purposes only, and is the property of
Rob Gardner.  It may not be published elsewhere in any form without
the consent of the author. Don't make me mad.

Post by Ron Natali » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> > I'm truly at the end of my rope. After countless 800 number
> > conversations and transfers, I'm still unable to find someone at HP who
> > can tell me how to order the Driver Developer Guide for HP-UX 10.

> Not surprising. The new DDG is still not available yet, as far as
> I know.

Hope it's not like Volume 3 of the DN10000 technical reference.
All kinds of other documents reference it, but it never seems
to have existed (it was the graphics hardware docs).

Post by Henry van Cle » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>> > I'm truly at the end of my rope. After countless 800 number
>> > conversations and transfers, I'm still unable to find someone at HP who
>> > can tell me how to order the Driver Developer Guide for HP-UX 10.

>> Not surprising. The new DDG is still not available yet, as far as
>> I know.

>Hope it's not like Volume 3 of the DN10000 technical reference.
>All kinds of other documents reference it, but it never seems
>to have existed (it was the graphics hardware docs).

I, too, am in desparate need of the device driver development info.
We have always used a scsi pass-through driver on HP, and have one for
10.01 on an 800.  I am trying to port our application to 10.10 on a
J200 (770), which automatically configures the sdisk driver for the
optical read-write drives in an HP20 juke.  Our application also uses
a pair of in-kernel drivers.
Hank van Cleef

HP-UX 10.x Driver Developer Guide

Post by Steve McClur » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

The DDG and DDR is available by anonymous ftp at 192.6.215.2

Now if anyone can tell me how to get ddb and landdb, I would be
grateful.

Thanks,
Steve
--

SecureWare Inc.                         Fax   404-315-0293
2957 Clairmont Road, Suite 350

1. HPUX 10/11 Device Driver Guide

Hi,

Could someone send me some info about HPUX 10 or HPUX 11 Device Driver
Guide?. Nobody at HP can tell me what's the part number or book number.

I currently have HPUX 9x device driver manuals, how much of it can be
useful for writing device drivers in HPUX 10 or HPUX 11??

Best regards
Dev Mazumdar
4Front Technologies
http://www.4front-tech.com (Home of Open Sound System).

2. Connecting using a Nokia 6210

3. NEW HP-UX BOOK: A Guide to HP-UX Version 10.X ...

4. Dec to BCD?

5. Need Porting Guide for Solaris 2.x to HP-UX 10.x

6. Last 3 postings

7. Where find book "A guide to HP-UX version 10.X"?

8. how to inherit web user controls?

9. HP-UX device driver developer needed!

10. HP-UX Driver Developer's Bumper Sticker

11. HP-UX Fibre Channel Adapter Device Driver Writer's Guide

12. Need Part No. for HP-UX Driver Development Guide (B-class & 10.20)

13. PCI 10/100 LAN card(B5509BA) driver for HP-UX 10.20 ?