kernel discovery tool used by SAM failed error

kernel discovery tool used by SAM failed error

Post by Glen Harriso » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi

After installing patch PHNE_14451 which is a cumulative patch for X.25
the networking panels in SAM don't work. We get an error as follows

The kernel discovery tool used by sam failed Kernel changes cannot be
made by SAM. The standard output of the command is shown below

getkinfo: Syntax error in system file.
Incorrect driver/subsystem statements(s): CentIF, CharDrv, asio0, asp,
bsd2nli, c720, cdfs.

The system is a D220 running 10.20, I have put this patch on another
D220 that is a clone of the other machine and it works ok. Any
ideas????????

kernel discovery tool used by SAM failed error

Post by Richard J. Rauenza » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The error is regarding the system file -- you could start by comparing
the /stand/system files.

/stand/system is the currently running kernel, though -- I'm not sure
what the state of your system is, but it might be using a temporary
system file to build the kernel.  It might be in a subdirectory of
/stand.

--

Technical Consultant     | I speak for me,     |   19055 Pruneridge Ave.
Development Alliances Lab|            *not* HP |                MS 46TU2

1. Backup using SAM fails??

Hello,

I am trying to set up an automated backup using SAM (hpux 9.01).  Every time,
automated or manual, I get the following error:

        Unable reopen stderr for the command "/bin/echo "Starting interactive
        backup ..."; /usr/sam/bin/br_backup DAT FULL Y /dev/rmt/c201d0c
        /usr/sam/config/br/grapha00428 _NONE Y 1 NN ": No such device or
        address

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Trae

2. audit.rul

3. Getting Error using the SAM

4. Fruitiger

5. Errors using SAM (swlist problem really...)

6. Command Prompt Environment (Command Size)

7. sam error mentioning /usr/sam/lib/C/pd.com.ui

8. Urgent Help

9. Sam Sam Sam

10. tool for sam on the win95 machine

11. 10.20 depot package install of gcc fails and fails and fails

12. SIGFPE- Floating point error using libc.sl but not when using libc.a