help me reset my aptrex c3252a ! help!

Post by Chaos » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

I picked the wrong video resolution on my aptrex
xterminal! anybody know how to reset it to defaults?
Chris

help me reset my aptrex c3252a ! help!

Post by Jean-Francois Monestie » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I picked the wrong video resolution on my aptrex
>xterminal! anybody know how to reset it to defaults?

On my Envizex-p (C3253A) :

Power up the thing
Wait till you get the monitor up (scrambled, I guess)
Wait for the 2 beeps
Hit [space] (stops the boot process)
Try  [left-alt]-[num. keypad-0] then release both keys
or   [left-alt]-[num. keypad-1] then release both keys
or   [left-alt]-[num. keypad-2] then release both keys
until you get something suitable to your monitor
Then hit [space] (to restart the boot process)

You browse this way through the predefined resolutions (alt-4, alt-5 and
alt-6 are usually good bets).

If you've got an HP monitor, you can alternatively try to enter the part
number of the monitor when holding the [alt] key : for instance, to setup
your XTerm to use an HP D1195A, try [left-alt]-[1]-[1]-[9]-[5], then release
[alt]. This used to work for former monitors, I don't know for the newer.

If you dare, you can also play with [left-alt]-[num. keypad-plus] or
[left-alt]-[num. keypad-minus]. I'm not certain what this does (browse
through the acceptable frequencies ?).

Good luck,
Jean-Francois.

N.B. To restore the factory defaults, wait for the 2 beeps, then
[letf-alt]-[F9]. This erases all the parameters retained in eeprom.

help me reset my aptrex c3252a ! help!

Post by Chaos » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

THanks Jean! I read this answer in the
aptrex software manual... as well as
having HP tell me! oops!
btw turns out the *actual* problem
was I had adjusted the pots on the monitor
to trim it out under a lower resoluytion.
whne I changed resolutions, the pots were so far out whack that the image was
not synce to the screen!
THanks! again.

help me reset my aptrex c3252a ! help!

Post by Chuck Slivkof » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi Jean-Francois!

> >I picked the wrong video resolution on my aptrex
> >xterminal! anybody know how to reset it to defaults?

> On my Envizex-p (C3253A) :

This will work on all the HP X-terminals. The Aptrex is an Entria, with
slightly different firmware.

Quote:> Power up the thing
> Wait till you get the monitor up (scrambled, I guess)
> Wait for the 2 beeps
> Hit [space] (stops the boot process)
> Try  [left-alt]-[num. keypad-0] then release both keys
> or   [left-alt]-[num. keypad-1] then release both keys
> or   [left-alt]-[num. keypad-2] then release both keys
> until you get something suitable to your monitor
> Then hit [space] (to restart the boot process)

> You browse this way through the predefined resolutions (alt-4, alt-5 and
> alt-6 are usually good bets).

> If you've got an HP monitor, you can alternatively try to enter the part
> number of the monitor when holding the [alt] key : for instance, to setup
> your XTerm to use an HP D1195A, try [left-alt]-[1]-[1]-[9]-[5], then
> release [alt]. This used to work for former monitors, I don't know for
> the newer.

monitors should be able to handle these days. Some other VESA settings
are available also: "1280", "1024", "800", "640".

Quote:> If you dare, you can also play with [left-alt]-[num. keypad-plus] or
> [left-alt]-[num. keypad-minus]. I'm not certain what this does (browse
> through the acceptable frequencies ?).

Yep, different refresh rates.

Quote:> N.B. To restore the factory defaults, wait for the 2 beeps, then
> [letf-alt]-[F9]. This erases all the parameters retained in eeprom.

  charles_slivkoff.vcf
< 1K Download

Post by Jean-Francois Monestie » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>N.B. To restore the factory defaults, wait for the 2 beeps, then
>[letf-alt]-[F9]. This erases all the parameters retained in eeprom.

My mistake, gentlemen,

It is [left-shift]-[F9] that blows up the XTerm config. (and not [alt])

You know it worked, because the screen turns black, and the XTerm reboots.

Jean-Francois.

1. help: how to undo pwconv/reset root passwd?

I changed my root passwd then ran pwconv, which apparently wasn't in use
prior. Well something happened and now my root passwd is munged and the root
account is disabled, except for the login session I still have alive as
root. How can I undo the pwconv process and delete my root password so I can
start over with a known root passwd? Thanks.

-Scott Machtmes

2. Ink out blinks when new cart. is in

3. I need help with HP/UX password reset

4. Computing number of workdays between dates

5. EEPROM (DefaultSS) reset no boot (Help)

6. Weird Sendmail Activity

7. Help, Help, Help !!!

8. Does The Date Have To Change?

9. HeLP hElP HElP *pleeeease*

10. Help about help files/DOcs about EMC

11. HP Laserjet 4000N : Help ! Help !

12. root user password prob. HELP!!HELP!!

13. HELP HP870Cxi HELP