NFS not working

Post by Ralf Hildebran » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

One of our clinet workstation suddenly refuses to mount some disks
via NFS from the NFS servers stahlw00.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de and rzfs1.rz.tu-bs.de:

--- snip ---

ARAP Berkely daemons started: inetd sendmail

mounting remote NFS file systems:
mount: stahlw00.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de server not responding: RPC_TIMED_OUT
mount: rzfs1.rz.tu-bs.de server not responding: RPC_TIMED_OUT
mount: stahlw00.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de server not responding: RPC_TIMED_OUT
mount: stahlw00.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de server not responding: RPC_TIMED_OUT
NFS server stahlw00 not responding, still trying.
NFS server stahlw00 ok
NFS server stahlw00 not responding, still trying.

--- snip ---

I already tried rebooting server & client, strange thing is that other machines
mounting the same dirs are working fine (even after rebooting).
Besides I don't understand why an "ok" is followed by a "not responding, still trying."
message on the console ?!

Any idea what could be wrong ?
--

http://www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb

Beethovenstr. 51, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany

NFS not working

Post by Ralf Hildebran » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I already tried rebooting server & client, strange thing is that other machines
>mounting the same dirs are working fine (even after rebooting).
>Besides I don't understand why an "ok" is followed by a "not responding, still trying."
>message on the console ?!

>Any idea what could be wrong ?

Source of the problem was a defective Thin LAN Transceiver on the Workstation.
I replaced it - everything works fine again !

--

http://www.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de/~hildeb

Beethovenstr. 51, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany

1. NFS locking not working.

Hi,

I am exporting a directory in my suse 6.2 box to be remotely mounted in
an HP-UX box.

My exports file look like this:

/usr2   150.232.0.0/255.255.0.0(rw,squash_uids=0-100,squash_gids=0-100)

In my HP box it looks like this:

*       -intr,nosuid    &:/usr3

An application in my hp box is trying to lock a file and it fails. The
error reported is fcntl(3) is ENOLCK, perror(3) prints "No locks
available".

Mounting the exported directory from another linux box produces the same
error message.

Can you help solve this problem.

Thanks.

--
Rafael Herrera
Laboratory for Computational Neuroscience

2. FS. CISCO WS-X5213A

3. HP-UX 10.01 NFS on top of LOFS mounts not working

4. cisco200 driver and win95 for ip

5. vxfs quota exported via nfs to client not working?

6. Refill kits

7. lpr not working properly from PC-NFS to HP-UX

8. Forum to help PDA users worldwide

9. PC-NFS won't work for me, works on other machines

10. Correction: "dsm" an Xt problem, not Motif -- still not working

11. working example of mount() to mount nfs (hpux)?

12. NFS between 9.01 and 10.10 - will this work?

13. Sendmail 8.6.9/HP-UX A.09.03/NFS mounted /usr/mail doesn't work