SNMP Manager for HP-UX 10.X (free/cheap)

SNMP Manager for HP-UX 10.X (free/cheap)

Post by Rob Pier » Wed, 05 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have been looking for SNMP manager software for my HP 10.01 box out on the
net.  I found one that sounded great (SNMX), but it is not (yet) ported to
HP-UX.  All I need it for is monitoring one router via SNMP traps for high
network traffic (i.e. brute force denial-of-service attacks) so I don't want
to pay thousands of dollars for HP's OpenView - just to manage one node!

I would suggest SNMX for anyone out there with the same requirement but
running SCO, LINUX, SunOS, Solaris, Dec Alpha, Win95, WinNT.  Check out
the following URL:

   http://www.cpro.com

SNMX looks fantastic.  If you have an HP 10.X box on the internet that you can
give CPRO access to, they would gladly port SNMX to HP-UX.  Check out the
web page.

Anyone know of other free or cheap SNMP Managers out there for HP-UX?

Thanks in advance,

/Rob

SNMP Manager for HP-UX 10.X (free/cheap)

Post by Cary B. O'Bri » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have been looking for SNMP manager software for my HP 10.01 box out on the
>net.  I found one that sounded great (SNMX), but it is not (yet) ported to
>HP-UX.  All I need it for is monitoring one router via SNMP traps for high
>network traffic (i.e. brute force denial-of-service attacks) so I don't want
>to pay thousands of dollars for HP's OpenView - just to manage one node!

>I would suggest SNMX for anyone out there with the same requirement but
>running SCO, LINUX, SunOS, Solaris, Dec Alpha, Win95, WinNT.  Check out
>the following URL:

>   http://www.cpro.com

>SNMX looks fantastic.  If you have an HP 10.X box on the internet that you can
>give CPRO access to, they would gladly port SNMX to HP-UX.  Check out the
>web page.

>Anyone know of other free or cheap SNMP Managers out there for HP-UX?

The cmu-snmp package provide command-line gets and sets, and I know
it runs on HPUX 10.01.

        http://hpux.cae.wisc.edu
        search for snmp

The scotty/tkined package provides both command line and graphical managers.

        http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty

good luck
-- cary

1. Is HP-UX and compiers free/cheap for academic use?

Do HP offer a system similar to the IBM 'Scholars Program'
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/info/university/
where it's possible to obtain their operating system (AIX), the
compilers, and a whole load of other stuff free for academic use? IBM
allow download of a large amount of material to university staff - the
compilers and AIX are ordered for no charge, but supplied on CD.

Sun do likewise - it is possible for download the Solaris Operating
system, StarOffice, Sun compilers etc free of charge for academic
purposes.
http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/edu/promotions/edusoft/indivi...

I'm looking to get HP-UX, C and C++ compilers, but wonder if HP do
similar to IBM and Sun ?

--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,

2. File name by HANDLE

3. cheap timer calls on HP-UX 9.x/10.x

4. Difference web controls <-> user controls

5. Q: Filenet SNMP agent on HP-UX 10.X

6. plum mail reader and 8-bit text.

7. snmp for HP-UX 10.x

8. Problem of NW Client32 V2.5

9. Is Netscape browser free with HP-UX 10.X ?

10. netmon can't communicate with snmp (Network Node Manager v6.0)

11. HP AdvanceStack-24 10-Base-T Hub w/SNMP

12. Security Vulnerability in SNMP (rev. 10)

13. HP 9.0x free upgrade to 10.x (still offered?)