Dual Processor system - HP 9000 K200

Post by G.K.Subramania » Tue, 18 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my HP 9000 -800 K200 system from a
one way processor to a second processor to get additional
processing power. I currently have 512M RAM. I would like
to know if there is any minimum / optimum memory requirement
for this. What is a good configuarion ?. Also, are there
any patches that need to be installed for the upgrade.
Any specific hardware or software requirements that I need
to be aware of for the upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

GK Subrahmanian

Foremost Farms USA

1. Threads hang on start on dual processor systems

Hey,

Im having a problem on dual processor systems where some threads are
hanging on creation. So far all single processor systems have not
diplayed this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and does it have anything to do
with the dce thread lib? Or the cma thread lib (which is what the dce
stuff is built ontop of) for that matter?

I am currently changing the code to use the cma lib stuff directly
instead of going through dce threads, in an attempt to see if the dce
stuff is the problem. However it is yucky due to the fact that I have no
man pages or othe rinfo on the cma stuff (only the header files *8( )
and none of the functions return values so Im not sure how to check for
success/failure *8(.

Any knowledge people could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

2. USR SDL (Flash ROM) Updates....

3. Upgrading HP H40 to dual processor for Oracle feasible?

4. Investment Account Holdings - Please Help

5. HELP!!! SETUP INTERNAL MODEM IN HP-9000 K200

6. BJC-5000 problem

7. looking for used K200 or processor board

8. REQ: WNet Functions Win32 MPR.DLL Header File !!!

9. Dual Processor & netisr

10. dual processors

11. FS: HP 9000 Model T600 2-CPU Processor and memory boards

12. HPUX/HP 9000 - # of processors?

13. Processor Upgrade for HP 9000/827s?