1. HELP: Printing PS to non-PS printers
I'm looking for some way to print postscript files to non-ps printers.
Currently I have one virtual printer defined in each HP-UX based
workstation's spooler - I call it 'ps'. This is actually remote printer
to another printer 'pista', and in /usr/spool/lp/interfaces/ps I have
replaced the call to rlp with the following line:
echo "quit" | /usr/local/bin/gs -sDEVICE=ljet3 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 \
"-sOutputFile=|(lp -or -dpista -onb -p5)" $1
Now, the problem is that I am not sattisfied with the output of print
jobs. This might be because I use drivers for LaserJet3 in Ghostscript,
and my printer is 4P (at least I explain it to myself this way).
Next thing I tried was putting '...-sDEVICE=ljet4' but then gs
complains. Since I don't know much about ghostscript (and even less
about Postscript), could someone point me to right direction?
Oh, I forgot to mention: systems involved are various flavours of HP-UX
from 9.05 up, i.e. 9.05, 10.10 & 10.20, and it HAS to be this way.
Furthermore, what today is 10.20, tomorrow can be 9.05 and vice versa.
Therefore, I can't rely on SharedPrint (am I wrong?) - I rather need
what I call universal approach, which eventually I could fbackup or
tar on tape, and restore later.
I need this in order to print from Netscape, Acroread, LaserROM,...
Any suggestions are welcome.
Hermes Plus d.o.o. | HPDESK: Igor STREHARSKI /AL7100/Y5
Osekovska 18 | Tel.: +385-(0)1-2331-061 \\|//
10000 Zagreb, Croatia | Fax.: +385-(0)1-2331-930 (o o)
2. How to handle private IP space?
3. Problems with printer HP Color Laserjet 5
4. print button on a web page
5. Printing color postscript to HP DeskJet 2000C
6. K2000 Reader wanted (for Mac)
7. color laserjet 4500 color page count from HP-UX
8. WinNT : ShellExecute problem
9. LexMark Optra Color laserjet printer driver for HPUX 10.20
10. gif to postscript printer (color)
11. Re. Barcode Printing on HP9000 with HP laserjet printers
12. Barcode Printing on HP9000 with HP laserjet printers
13. problem printing postscript from HP-UX to NT-printer