Passing NewWave objects from HP OpenMail to MS Mail

Passing NewWave objects from HP OpenMail to MS Mail

Post by Gary Schmid » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

We are migrating from HP OpenMail to MS Mail and are looking for a
gateway that will allow us to do this gradually.  We are using the
NewWave PC client so the gateway must be able to pass a NewWave object,
unpack the binary file (for example Excel) from the NewWave object and
display it as an icon in the MS Mail user's mailbox.  When an MS Mail
user mails a binary file such as Excel to the HP OpenMail MTA the gateway
should be able to package the file so that it arrives as a NewWave Excel
object on the NewWave user's pc.

We tried using X.400 but the version that comes with MS Mail could not
differentiate binary files or understand NewWave objects.

Thanks for the help...Gary Schmidt