Trying to add lan card to K570

Post by Gavin Sco » Wed, 14 May 2003 03:24:20

We've added a J2146A 10MB 10-base-2 lan card to a K570 on 11.0 with the
goal of using it to talk to an old DTC-48 from an HP3000 system.

ioscan -f shows that the card has been grabbed by lanmux0, but it's my
impression that the driver for this card should be lan3:

 lanmux      0  10/16/4      lanmux0     CLAIMED   INTERFACE HP J2146A
 unknown    -1  10/16/4.1                UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN

And also I've got this goofy .1 appendage.  lanscan does not show this
interface.  We have a couple of 10/100 interfaces that are working fine.

I've tride nudging it in the right direction with ioscan -M but:

# ioscan -M lan3 -H 10/16/4
ioscan: libIO error from io_insert_node: Node already exists or parameter
error detected.

Since I don't see lanmux0 as actually being needed by anything, we tried
uninstalling it, but it sems to be joined at the hip to lan3 and something
called lantty0 which I can't even find in the kernel.

So I think there's something basic that I don't understand about what
lanmux0 is for.  I've googled around to no avail.

So, anyone able to point me in the right direction?  Or alternatively,
does anyone know if the HP-UX DTC support stuff will work out a 100Mb
interface if I switch the DTC-48 over to its AUI port and plug it into
a switch to get it on to the 100Mb network?

Thanks,

G.

1. Adding 2nd LAN Card

I am in the process of adding an E/ISA LAN card to my HP 9000 series 700
workstation cluster.  The built-in LAN is being used to connect the
cluster--using coaxial cable.  The machines all worked without any trouble
until I attempted to activate the E/ISA card.  Now, you can log in to all the
machines, do file manipulation (i.e. copy, move, transfer from machine to
machine), print using GatorPrint.  I cannot telnet or rlogin from machine to
machine.  Ping gives a 100% packet loss.  I can log in from the outside world
using the E/ISA card.

How can I get all of my capability back?  The built-in LAN still has the same
IP address that it had before I added the new card.  The new card has a new IP
address.  They both have the same first two octets (146.154.xxx.xxx).  I have
been told that this is one of my problems...can someone explain.  I also am
confused about subnetwork masks.  I may or may not have to use this.

I would appreciate any help I can get...I'll check  comp.sys.hp.hpux
frequently...

later,

mgb

2. drive mapping

3. HPUX 11.0: adding second ethernet lan (5509 PCI) to C360 not showing up on boot

4. CAN'T GET AUDIO FILES TO COPY

5. Lan Manager: User add

6. Psychological basis for EBL?

7. PCI 10/100 LAN card(B5509BA) driver for HP-UX 10.20 ?

8. Yamaha CDR 102 discontinued - true?

9. Virtual LAN cards

10. Routing problem 2 Lan cards

11. Changing Duplex Setting on LAN Card

12. PCI LAN ethernet card on B2000 with 10.20

13. eisa TCM5970.CFG file for 3com lan card