Stale NFS handles

Post by Nige » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

How should "Stale NFS handles" be removed under 10.20??

Nigel

Stale NFS handles

Post by Mark Land » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>How should "Stale NFS handles" be removed under 10.20??

Reboot.

----
Mark Landin
UNIX Sys. Admin, T. D. Williamson, Inc. (Standard disclaimer applies)

"Before anyone passes judgment ... remember, we *are* in
the Arctic" .. Fox Mulder (prior to a physical exam)

Stale NFS handles

Post by Doug Siebe » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>>How should "Stale NFS handles" be removed under 10.20??

>Reboot.

Talk about overkill.  There was a bug in the 'umount' command which was
fixed by a patch, find that patch and install it, then you can just unmount
the stale filesystems.

--
Douglas Siebert                Director of Computing Facilities

If you let the system beat you long enough, eventually it'll get tired.

Stale NFS handles

Post by Mark Land » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>>>How should "Stale NFS handles" be removed under 10.20??

>>Reboot.

>Talk about overkill.  There was a bug in the 'umount' command which was
>fixed by a patch, find that patch and install it, then you can just unmount
>the stale filesystems.

Well ... ok. But you *are* gonna have to reboot just to apply the
patch. :)

----

Post by Doug Siebe » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>>Talk about overkill.  There was a bug in the 'umount' command which was
>>fixed by a patch, find that patch and install it, then you can just unmount
>>the stale filesystems.
>Well ... ok. But you *are* gonna have to reboot just to apply the
>patch. :)

Nope, it is a command patch, you don't need to reboot for that patch.  At
least, I don't think it had a co-req with a kernel patch...

--

Post by Dominique Duflo » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> >Talk about overkill.  There was a bug in the 'umount' command which was
> >fixed by a patch, find that patch and install it, then you can just unmount
> >the stale filesystems.

> Well ... ok. But you *are* gonna have to reboot just to apply the
> patch. :)

The patch is PHCO_9543 and it does not require a reboot. It just
installs a new
umount binary. No kernel modification.

1. Stale NFS handle

After  a power outage (actually 2) I am in trying to set the NFS mounts
back up.  Everything is going smoothly until I get to the HPUX machine.
I try to mount /accts and I get:
mount: /accts: Stale NFS file handle
So I check out the faq and it says to unmount it hen remount so I try to
unmount it and get :
umount: /accts: Stale NFS file handle
I try to remove the directory but I m told that I can't. Any help would
be greately appreciated

        Thanks ,

        Sean

    --
Sean Lavelle
  Concentus Technology Corporation

2. Get Your Software/Web Site Reviewed

3. Stale NFS handles

4. CSQE Study Guild

5. Stale NFS handle on X-station

6. line back

7. stale NFS handle after upgrade to 10.20

8. UKUUG Winter Conference Announcement

9. stale NFS handles?

10. Regarding: Stale NFS File Handles on HPUX 10.20

11. Clearing Stale NFS file handles

12. Stale NFS File Handle

13. Stale NFS file handles