Ghostscript support for DeskJet 660 and 850

Ghostscript support for DeskJet 660 and 850

Post by Julian Per » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

We want to buy a DeskJet 850C (or maybe a 660C) for
printing PostScript - the only way seems to be to use
GhostScript, which only seems to support the 500C.

Either

  Is there a Ghostscript driver for the 850C?

Or

  Do the new colour DeskJets support the 500C version
  of PCL and if so is all this new colour technology
  (REt and C-REt) automatic or does the driver software
  on the host (Unix, PC, Mac or whatever) need to support
  it?

Cheers
--

1. CodePage 850 under HP-UX v10.x

Does anyone have any experience in using the IBM codepage 850 under HP-UX v10.x.

The background is we are using AIX v3.2.5 DB2/6000 clients all with codepage 850 and we created
a DB2 database under HP-UX and codepage 819 defaulted.  Data translation and display problems
resulted.  After a test db was created with codepage 850 and successfully used, we are creating
a full (27 Gb) DB2 database under HP-UX with codepage 850 and so the remote DB2 clients should
be OK, but the local client may stilll have a conflict being that it will be 819.  We are using
the locale En_US (850).

2. Annoted bibliography

3. Ghostscript processing of postscript for Deskjet 500?

4. Buy broken Cisco Routers and Switches

5. Will Deskjets ever support PCL 5?

6. Help with System "Pauses"

7. xpr source with Paintjet/Deskjet color support

8. Cakewalk groove Quantize

9. HP 660C and GhostScript, Is it supported?

10. Using a Deskjet 2000C under HPUX 10.20

11. HP Deskjet 560c

12. printing to color deskjet from HP-UX

13. Printing color postscript to HP DeskJet 2000C