Printing Postscript from 10.20 to HP LJIII

Printing Postscript from 10.20 to HP LJIII

Post by Jim Rowlan » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

When upgrading from HP-UX 9.04 to 10.20, we lose the ability to print
Postscript files to HP LaserJet III (non-Postscript) printers.  We had
been using SharedPrint and it worked fine, but it's equivalent (can't
think of it's name now) won't work.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
       Jim Rowland

1. Printing postscript to DeskJet 1600CM on HPUX10.10 - postscript level 1 or 2 ?

I'm trying to print postscript graphics to a HP1600CM DeskJet connected
on the same LAN as my C100 workstation, running HPUX10.10. I've
installed the HP-JetAdmin for UNIX package, HPNP_SD.d0315.

Printing text works okay, however when I try and lp a postscript file
(an image saved from XV in postscript format), the printer gives me a
single page with the message "ERROR: configurationerror" "OFFENDING
COMMAND: setpagedevice" "STACK:".

I could not find the "setpagedevice" command in my .PS file at all.
After experimenting, I was able to get it to print properly by selecting
Postscript Level 1 instead of Postscript Level 2 (the default) in the
jetadmin software. The offending command appears to be coming from the
Jetadmin for UNIX software.

According to the manuals, the DeskJet1600CM supports Postscript level 2,
so why doesn't it work by default? Am I losing out on anything by using
postscript level 1 instead of 2?

Regards,

.sha

2. E&B Company Slip Cover Order?

3. Printing color postscript to HP DeskJet 2000C

4. Tech info on Hybrid modems?

5. HP-UX as printer server and printing postscript

6. a new WEB address for DEC Global Soft

7. Help: HP/UX and printing postscript using lp or lpr

8. Ethernet codes - comprehensive list

9. problem printing postscript from HP-UX to NT-printer

10. printing HP-UX 10.x PostScript files

11. Need Help Printing a Postscript File From HP-UX

12. Q: Print Postscript to a NOT PS enhanced HP Color LaserJet 5 Printer?

13. PostScript file browser on HP-UX 10.20?