Refresh on HP Visualize??

Post by John Fole » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

[ hprefresh.txt < 1K ]

        How do I set the refresh rate of the Visualize 48 graphics board down

to 60 Hz?

('bout 10 feet outside my window is a big, fat electrical service. 2200

amps worth. This causes a "wavering" in my monitor, same as nearby PC's

which were fixed by setting the refresh to 60 Hz)

                TIA,

                                John

(They say the emissions from cell phones may cause brain cancer, I

wonder what effe. . . effec. . . effect this is having on me!)

Refresh on HP Visualize??

Post by Gilles Allar » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>         How do I set the refresh rate of the Visualize 48 graphics board down

> to 60 Hz?

> ('bout 10 feet outside my window is a big, fat electrical service. 2200

> amps worth. This causes a "wavering" in my monitor, same as nearby PC's

> which were fixed by setting the refresh to 60 Hz)

During boot (IPL) press ESC to access BOOT_ADMIN.
Then use the "monitor" command.
Look at the option (resolution and refresh rate) you want.
If you already know the index of the required option, you can do
"monitor graphic.n" where n is the index.
This works on a 715 but I don't know the model nuber of your machine.

I hope this will help
Gilles

Refresh on HP Visualize??

Post by Howard Stroy » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

:       How do I set the refresh rate of the Visualize 48 graphics board down
: to 60 Hz?

At boot there is a prompt to hit TAB to select a different video timing.
I'm not 100% certain that 60Hz is one of the options, but it may be.

--
Howard Stroyan                                                  (970)229-3317
Hewlett-Packard                                             fax (970)229-6318

1. Visualize fx-4, visualize-48

What exactly is a Visualize fx-4, is it just 2 Visualize fx-2's in one
machine, or is it something more than that.  The reason why I was
asking, is 'cause one of my service reps said something to that effect,
and now I have these 3 video cards, and 3 machines with fx-2's in them.
My thought was, well add a second Visualize fx-2 to the machine and make
it an fx-4.  I got the same situation with a Visualize-24, add a second
visualize-24 to make it a visualize-48.

Is the situation not nearly as simple as all that?  I consider it a long
shot, but can't hurt to ask.  If it weren't for the service rep's
comments, I would never had considered the possibility, but the HP guy
that does our work is pretty good with the workstations, so I give his
comments some credibility.

So then, am I wishing just a little TOO hard on this one, or is that
what a Visualize fx-4 really is?

Tell me what you think, please - these workstations that we got in are
on the verge of use or discard.
--
All these opinions are mine,
and are not necessarily shared

2. Funny Problems when using Internet Explorer in Win2000

3. refresh subsystem (syslogd) in HPUX

4. ISA or PCI (again)

5. refresh rate and color depth

6. XREF Bind and then ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. forcefully refresh dev entries ?

8. AMI: Empty or oneway only interfaces result in not defined pure virtual function

9. Screen refresh in CDE on 715/100?

10. ? 715's Refresh Rate, screen flicker?

11. Changing Monitor Refresh Rate

12. Best way to refresh inittab after change

13. Preventing auto-refresh when exiting elm