HELP On HP Keyboard Mapping

Post by splsi.. » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi there,
        I am looking for a utility (or a command) in HP-UX for finding out the

keycode number for the arrow keys on the Numeric Keypad. I know that
SUN motif
platform provides a utility call 'xev' to perform this task. I need to
find
out the keycode number to map the key with my Application by using the
xmodmap
command. By the way, the platform I am running on is HP9000-720
workstation
and the  Unix version is 9.05. The keyboard type is AT/2 Keyboard,
Local LED
Ctrl, USASCII. My email address is  -

Thanks for your help in advance and Happy New Year!!!

Regards,
Tang

HELP On HP Keyboard Mapping

Post by Mike Stroy » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

|   Hi there, I am looking for a utility (or a command) in HP-UX for
| finding out the keycode number for the arrow keys on the Numeric Keypad.
| I know that SUN motif platform provides a utility call 'xev' to perform
| this task.  I need to find out the keycode number to map the key with my
| Application by using the xmodmap command.  By the way, the platform I am
| running on is HP9000-720 workstation and the Unix version is 9.05.  The
| keyboard type is AT/2 Keyboard, Local LED Ctrl, USASCII.
| My email address is  -

| Thanks for your help in advance and Happy New Year!!!

  You should be able to get the current keycodes for Arrow keys using
xmodmap itself, like "xmodmap -pke | grep -E 'Up|Down|Left|Right'".  You
can get the names of keyboard mappings using
"/usr/contrib/bin/X11/keymap_ed -l | more" and the default settings for
a PS2_US_English keyboard using
"/usr/contrib/bin/X11/keymap_ed -d PS2_US_English | more".

--

1. HELP: Keyboard mapping - Language and so on

Hello friends!
I manage some HP servers running 10.20

Users comes to the server via Reflection sessions emulation, and
have swiss-german keyboards. Configuration at PC-level is ok: they
see what they type in the PC world (as in Word documents).

Typing on a unix shell via emulation they don't see accented chars,
and I have to enable it. The problem could be at Reflection-level,
at unix-user-level or ev. at general hp-ux configuration level.
Any idea?

Please send me a copy of your suggestions directly via email.
I will then post a summary in the newsgroup, when solved.

Thank you.
Stefano
--

Stefano Unternaehrer - Banca Commerciale Italiana (Suisse) Lugano

2. italics or bold with foreground color, how?

3. Keyboard mapping for vi: help please

4. Wierd ARP Problem

5. HP Keyboard Mapping Problem

6. Detecting a call on Procomm Plus?

7. HP-UX model 735 9 ->10 : keyboard not mapped correctly?

8. Who to program Ethernet??

9. keyboard mapping on HP 715

10. comp.sys.hp.hpux keyboard mapping

11. Mapping ALT key on HP PC keyboard

12. mapping the hp keyboard keys to functions in emacs

13. keyboard mapping on hp Envizex