Help getting X server started

Post by Bruce Frage » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Last week we had a power fail and my HP9000/710 rebooted when power
returned. I believe, previously, it would come up into the VUE
logon screen, but now just cycles through a text window trying to
restart vue. Error message says it cannot connect to the X server,
which is itself and permits text logons only.

    1. How can I fix this so that it boots into the vue logon screen

    2. OR, from the text logon window, how can I 'enable' the X
       server and start vue from my unix shell.

many thx ... bruce

1. Need help getting POP server binary

An associate of mine has an HPUX (release 9) system with a limited
compiler. He needs to be able to run this system as a POP server.
Can anyone point me to an FTP site with HP-compiled binaries of
any of the POP servers out there? Failing that, could someone
wither send me the binary, or compile it for me if I send you the
source?

Many thanks. Please e-mail replies.

--
 Evan Leibovitch, Sound Software Ltd, located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario
Supporting PC-based Unix since 1985 / Caldera & SCO authorized / 905-452-0504

2. DOS apps. & CaveMan default

3. Can't start X-server at boot HELP !

4. I2C data loss with MPC823

5. Help ! Can't start X-Server ...

6. a RAM problem

7. Getting started with audio

8. Getting Started with Streams under HP-UX-10.20

9. Getting Aserver to start...

10. HELP....getting error opening netscape...PLEASE HELP

11. HELP: tape stuck in 4mm drive, need help getting it out!!

12. link times on K-server for processes >60MB -> HP linker gets very slow