Printing postscript to DeskJet 1600CM on HPUX10.10 - postscript level 1 or 2 ?

Printing postscript to DeskJet 1600CM on HPUX10.10 - postscript level 1 or 2 ?

Post by shahada abubaka » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to print postscript graphics to a HP1600CM DeskJet connected
on the same LAN as my C100 workstation, running HPUX10.10. I've
installed the HP-JetAdmin for UNIX package, HPNP_SD.d0315.

Printing text works okay, however when I try and lp a postscript file
(an image saved from XV in postscript format), the printer gives me a
single page with the message "ERROR: configurationerror" "OFFENDING
COMMAND: setpagedevice" "STACK:".

I could not find the "setpagedevice" command in my .PS file at all.
After experimenting, I was able to get it to print properly by selecting
Postscript Level 1 instead of Postscript Level 2 (the default) in the
jetadmin software. The offending command appears to be coming from the
Jetadmin for UNIX software.

According to the manuals, the DeskJet1600CM supports Postscript level 2,
so why doesn't it work by default? Am I losing out on anything by using
postscript level 1 instead of 2?

Regards,

.sha

Printing postscript to DeskJet 1600CM on HPUX10.10 - postscript level 1 or 2 ?

Post by Robert Colquho » Mon, 16 Feb 1998 04:00:00

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 11:01:45 +0800, shahada abubakar

Hello,
We had smilar problems, couldn't switch trays with a postscript job,
HP Response supplied this fix which worked well.

Run vi on the net_lj4x, add in the following lines under
Output_PS_Options()
(you can comment out the lines that these are replacing):

# -----------------------------------------------------------------
# Output PS options
# -----------------------------------------------------------------
Output_PS_Options()
{
???????????? echo "statusdict begin"
???????????? case "$mediasrc" in
?????????????? 1)
????????????????? echo "<</MediaPosition 0>> setpagedevice"
????????????????? ;;
?????????????? 4)? #
        ?   echo "<</MediaPosition 1>> setpagedevice"
????????????????? ;;
?????????????? 5)
????????????????? echo "<</MediaPosition 0>> setpagedevice"
????????????????? ;;
?????????????? 6) echo "com10envelopetray";;? # envelop tray ;
?????????????? 2) echo "/manualfeed true def";; # feed from manual
???????????? esac

Quote:>I'm trying to print postscript graphics to a HP1600CM DeskJet connected
>on the same LAN as my C100 workstation, running HPUX10.10. I've
>installed the HP-JetAdmin for UNIX package, HPNP_SD.d0315.

>Printing text works okay, however when I try and lp a postscript file
>(an image saved from XV in postscript format), the printer gives me a
>single page with the message "ERROR: configurationerror" "OFFENDING
>COMMAND: setpagedevice" "STACK:".

>I could not find the "setpagedevice" command in my .PS file at all.
>After experimenting, I was able to get it to print properly by selecting
>Postscript Level 1 instead of Postscript Level 2 (the default) in the
>jetadmin software. The offending command appears to be coming from the
>Jetadmin for UNIX software.

>According to the manuals, the DeskJet1600CM supports Postscript level 2,
>so why doesn't it work by default? Am I losing out on anything by using
>postscript level 1 instead of 2?

>Regards,

>.sha

1. Printing color postscript to HP DeskJet 2000C

I am trying to print color postscript images to a jetDirect attached HP
2000C color deskjet printer... without success.  I am able to xwd|xpr
screen images to the printer, but only in black-n-white.  Am I missing
something?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Tim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Different memory-allocation for same class-member

3. Printing Postscript to Deskjet

4. Activesync doesn't sync recent Inbox items from Desktop PC

5. printing HP-UX 10.x PostScript files

6. ANSI C++ use questions

7. filters for postscript 3 -> postscript 2

8. BC45 educational?

9. Ghostscript processing of postscript for Deskjet 500?

10. Printing 10.0 PostScript files ...

11. Postscript Level 3.0 Drivers for HPUX

12. Postscript Level 2 Viewer/Printer For HPUX ?

13. HP DeskJet 1600CM - WIN 95