Using a Deskjet 2000C under HPUX 10.20

Post by mtsa » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm using a Stratus computer under HPUX 10.20
I have several deskjet printer connected to, via HP JetdirectX. Some of
those printers are HP 1600C other are HP 2000C.
With jetadmin, I was able to print colored graphics with the HP 1600C
printer (even with using the 1200C device).
My problem now is that, with these new HP 2000C, I'm unable to print. And of
course, I was unable to find the HP 2000C driver for Unix, even at HP
website.
Did anyone already print with that HP 2000C under HP UX ?

Thank you

Michel

Post by Bernard Chandle » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I'm using a Stratus computer under HPUX 10.20
> I have several deskjet printer connected to, via HP JetdirectX. Some of
> those printers are HP 1600C other are HP 2000C.
> With jetadmin, I was able to print colored graphics with the HP 1600C
> printer (even with using the 1200C device).
> My problem now is that, with these new HP 2000C, I'm unable to print. And of
> course, I was unable to find the HP 2000C driver for Unix, even at HP
> website.
> Did anyone already print with that HP 2000C under HP UX ?

> Thank you

> Michel

here are some drivers
http://www.elko.com.by:81/support/drivers/doineed.htm

If you can not find a real answer a realistic answer consider using a cheap pc
and rlp.

 rlp(1M)                                                             rlp(1M)

 NAME
      rlp - send LP line printer request to a remote system

 SYNOPSIS
      /usr/sbin/rlp -Iid [-C class] [-J job] [-T title] [-i[numcols]] [-
      kfont] [-w num] [-cdfghlnptv] file

 DESCRIPTION
      rlp transfers a spooling request to a remote system to be printed.
      rlp communicates with a spooling daemon on a remote system to transfer
      the spooling request.  Options can be set only on the original system.
      Transfers of a remote request use only the -I option and the file.

      This command is intended to be used only by the spool system in
      response to the lp command and should not be invoked directly (see

 rlpdaemon(1M)                                                 rlpdaemon(1M)

 NAME
      rlpdaemon - remote spooling line printer daemon, message write daemon

 SYNOPSIS
      /usr/sbin/rlpdaemon [-i] [-l] [-L logfile]

 DESCRIPTION
      rlpdaemon is a line printer daemon (spool area handler) for remote
      spool requests.  rlpdaemon is normally invoked at boot time from the
      /sbin/rc file or started by inetd(1M), when necessary.  rlpdaemon runs
      on a system that receives requests to be printed.  rlpdaemon transfers
      files to the spooling area, displays the queue, or removes jobs from
      the queue.

      rlpdaemon is also used as a server process to write a message on the
      user's terminal, upon receiving a request from a remote system.

If you want the pc printer to use unix protocols:
http://www.netmanage.com

If you want the Stratus to act like an NT:
http://www.facetcorp.com
how to place them in HT
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd06531.html

--
Bernie Chandler
http://www.nationwide.net/~bernie

1. Printing color postscript to HP DeskJet 2000C

I am trying to print color postscript images to a jetDirect attached HP
2000C color deskjet printer... without success.  I am able to xwd|xpr
screen images to the printer, but only in black-n-white.  Am I missing
something?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Tim

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Cakewalk Problem! Please Help!

3. xpr under HPUX 10.20 that holds HP 2000C driver

4. Steady Sine Sweep

5. MediaOne -%&^$^%%%@

6. hpux 10.20 printers Deskjet

7. Question on how to avoid buffer over runs...

8. Print to file using lp on hpux 10.20

9. Using 3com 3c597 under HPUX 10.20?

10. using SCSI floppy on HPUX 10.20 system

11. HPUX 10.20 to 11.0 using NNM 6.1

12. using harddrive from 715 in 735 (hpux 10.20)