HP DLT 4000 tape library question

Post by Anthony » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

     The instruction manual for my HP DLT 4000 tape library says to
configure the tape picker on a dedicated SCSI bus and the tape devices on a
second SCSI bus. Does anyone know why I can't configure the tape picker on
the same SCSI bus as the tape drives?  I wouldn't think that the tape
picker would put that much of a load on a SCSI bus.

HP DLT 4000 tape library question

Post by David H. Mab » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I configured a HP DAT library and we used the same SCSI bus, jut
different IDs.  The picker sould only use min IO.

--
David H. Mabo, CPCM
Certified HP Technical Professional