/var/adm/sw/ What is Deletable?

Post by Ben Russ » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Friends,

Does anyone know what files in the /var/adm/sw
heirarchy can be deleted?    There are lots of files in
/var/adm/sw/patches/PH*

also,

/var/adm/sw/products

What will be affected if I just blow all this stuff away?
Other than the fact that I can't "backout" the SWinstalls
of the patches and products?

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

/var/adm/sw/ What is Deletable?

Post by Michael Piotrowsk » Tue, 25 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Does anyone know what files in the /var/adm/sw
> heirarchy can be deleted?    There are lots of files in
> /var/adm/sw/patches/PH*

> also,

> /var/adm/sw/products

> What will be affected if I just blow all this stuff away?
> Other than the fact that I can't "backout" the SWinstalls
> of the patches and products?

Don't do this.  Use cleanup(1M), which came as patch PHCO_12140, I
think.

--

                              <http://www.linguistik.uni-erlangen.de/~mxp/>
Department of Computational Linguistics --- University of Erlangen, Germany

1. deleting /var/adm/sw/patches

Hello Everybody!

Could you tell me if I can simply delete the directory
/var/adm/sw/patches, where are stored the copies of all installed patches?
Or it would be better to delete only the subdirectory usr/ in every patch
directory to save the installation scripts?
All these patches take over 240 MB!

Piotr

2. PBODB040.DLL GPF in 000B:08B7.

3. what to do with /var/adm/sw/patch

4. File creation detection

5. Need more space - deleting /var/adm/sw/patch ?

6. FOUND "Fortress of the Witch King", Help me get it off disk

7. Could I remove /var/adm/sw/patch?

8. What should Clinton have said on Y2K??

9. forcing /var/adm/sw to be correct

10. patching and var/adm/sw/patch

11. /var/adm/sw/save and product directories

12. Help! Lost /var/adm/sw DIR

13. SD-Tools: /var/adm/sw becomes too big!