Interpreting crash images

Post by Joseph Dimec » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:55:13

Hi All:

     Just wondering if anyone is knowledgeable on how to interpret/view
image files from a crash image. It seems as if the OS has been having panic
states and crashing. Would like to get to the bottom of it. I suspect it is
hardware related. Some mornings I find the machine frozen with a "FLT CBFF
or CBF0" on the LCD display. Does anyone have a list of the error codes
available for 9000 D360? Any advice will be  appreciated.

Cheers!
Joe

Interpreting crash images

Post by Alan D Johnso » Thu, 26 Dec 2002 06:05:41

> Hi All:

>      Just wondering if anyone is knowledgeable on how to interpret/view
> image files from a crash image. It seems as if the OS has been having panic
> states and crashing. Would like to get to the bottom of it. I suspect it is
> hardware related. Some mornings I find the machine frozen with a "FLT CBFF
> or CBF0" on the LCD display. Does anyone have a list of the error codes
> available for 9000 D360? Any advice will be  appreciated.

> Cheers!
> Joe

There is a white paper aon the ITRC about using q4 to determine crash
problems, I dont remeber where it is though, That will help you to debug
the crash. If you look on docs.hp.com you should be able to find the
owner manual for the Dbox, although now that it is out of production I
don't know if it is still available.