Stale NFS file handles

Post by TAM Sys-admin » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Everyone,

I have a CD-Rom drive attached to Machine 1. The /cdrom directory
is remotely mounted on Machine 2. Both are running 10.20.

Last night machine 1 re-booted unexpectedly. Now machine 2 will not
let me either access or umount /cdrom. It always says:

umount: /cdrom: Stale NFS file handle

How can I successfully unmount the /cdrom directory on Machine 2
without rebooting?

All help is appreciated.

-Charles Gerlach
 (TAM Sys-admin)

Stale NFS file handles

Post by Mike Stroy » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

|I have a CD-Rom drive attached to Machine 1. The /cdrom directory
|is remotely mounted on Machine 2. Both are running 10.20.

|Last night machine 1 re-booted unexpectedly. Now machine 2 will not
|let me either access or umount /cdrom. It always says:

|umount: /cdrom: Stale NFS file handle

|How can I successfully unmount the /cdrom directory on Machine 2
|without rebooting?

  You need to apply patch PHCO_9543.