HP CDE on Windows 95

Post by iqbalkhan » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
 How can I work in complete CDE environment of HP-UX 9000 11.0 into Windows
95.
 For Solaris; I have to download Solstice like same what is for HP-UX.
 I know the Xterm; but that is not my question.
Thanks

HP CDE on Windows 95

Post by ErMac » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

If I understand you you want a full CDE (XDM) session from a WinTel Box.
Just setup your Windows X Server for xdm direct connection and give it the
dns name or IP address of the HPUX box and BAM!!!!

Ermac!

Quote:> Hi,
>  How can I work in complete CDE environment of HP-UX 9000 11.0 into
Windows
> 95.
>  For Solaris; I have to download Solstice like same what is for HP-UX.
>  I know the Xterm; but that is not my question.
> Thanks

HP CDE on Windows 95

Post by nemet.. » Sun, 13 Aug 2000 04:00:00

See http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
for VCN
From that home page:
VNC stands for Virtual Network Computing. It is, in essence, a remote
display system which allows you
             to view a computing 'desktop' environment not only on the
machine where it is running, but from
             anywhere on the Internet and from a wide variety of machine
architectures.

Quote:> Hi,
>  How can I work in complete CDE environment of HP-UX 9000 11.0 into
Windows
> 95.
>  For Solaris; I have to download Solstice like same what is for HP-UX.
>  I know the Xterm; but that is not my question.
> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.