Extending the root File System in HP-UX 10.x

Extending the root File System in HP-UX 10.x

Post by Paul A. Salamon » Thu, 31 Aug 1995 04:00:00

What is the clean, supported method for increasing the size of the root
file system in HP-UX 10.x? For example, will backing up the root disk
filesystems, booting support media, reformating root disk, then
restoring filesystems work? Where is the correct procedure documented?

Thanks,
Paul

Extending the root File System in HP-UX 10.x

Post by Greg Vasqu » Thu, 31 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Paul,
In the "System Administration Tasks": Chapter 8, "Managing Logical Volumes"
under the section for titled "Moving Root from a Disk Section to a Logical
Volume" is a method to resize the root LVM.  The only difference would be
to do the sequence twice, so that the root volume is rebuilt on the
original disk to the sizes you would require.
Regards,
Greg V.

Quote:> What is the clean, supported method for increasing the size of the root
> file system in HP-UX 10.x? For example, will backing up the root disk
> filesystems, booting support media, reformating root disk, then
> restoring filesystems work? Where is the correct procedure documented?
> Thanks,
> Paul

 VOICE:(tn/916)567-8527           VOICE-MAIL: (tn/916) 567-8222 (ext. 8527)
 FAX:  (tn/916) 567-8777

1. 10.01/Extend root file system -- How?

Please pardon me if this question has been brought up before.

The root file system on lvol0 of our HP-9000 running 10.01 is full.  What
are the proper procedures to extend it?  Is it possible to do so?

Thanks for any comments and advice.

-al

2. avi files

3. Extend root file system

4. DIN TO ANSI

5. Extending root file system 9.04

6. UGL libraries for Tornado

7. Help! Extending root file system

8. HELP on Logitech QuickCam SDK

9. HP-UX 10 and Journaled File Systems, Trusted Systems

10. Oracle OFA vs. HP-UX 10.X file system layout

11. File system full when installing HP-UX 10.x

12. HP-UX 10 NFS diskless and file system layout White Papers

13. HP-UX 10.x file system layout ...