735/125 video

Post by Arthur Corli » Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:33:22

Greetings:

Has anyone found a good way to hook up a 735/125 to a PC-style KVM without
having to push the video through an active RGB to VGA converter?  I've tried
several differen sync-on-green monitors (using a 3 BNC to HDB15 cable) , but
to no avail.  Perhaps there were other video FRUs available for these units?

        --Arthur Corliss
          Programmer/Administrator
          Gallant Technologies (http://www.gallanttech.com/)

735/125 video

Post by Arthur Corli » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 09:38:29

>All correct.  Chances are you need a monitor that will sync on green and
>also a higher
>end KVM that can deal with sync-on-green (haven't run into one yet that
>doesn't),
>but we don't use cheap ones where I work.

I'm using the 4-port OmniCube, like the previous poster.  It doesn't appear to
have any trouble with other boxes, but I can't get the 735 to output synced
video, even to a sync-on-green monitor.  It's not picking up the H-sync, it
appears.

--
        --Arthur Corliss
          Programmer/Administrator
          Gallant Technologies (http://www.gallanttech.com/)

735/125 video

Post by Steve Kuerver » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Reference below... can the 735 use VESA modes?  That may resolve the
sync-on-green issue, if you reboot and set the monitor type to an
equivalent VESA mode.

Steve Kuervers