Clearing Stale NFS file handles

Post by Dennis Matz » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to unmount some NFS file systems on a client following a
crash of the NFS server. The file systems on the client can not be
unmounted because of stale NFS file handles. I have tried fuser to
clear any user processes but that did not help. I also tried to stop
and re-start the NFS client process. The only other option I could see
in the docs is to reboot the client. I really do not want to do this
unless it is absolutely necessary. Is there anything thing else to try
to clear the stale file handles?

Clearing Stale NFS file handles

Post by Robert Gilste » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

There is a patch available that will allow you to unmount stale NFS
handles, this assumes you are using HPUX 10.20.  I don't know the patch
number but its out there.