PPP software?

Post by Kirby Bak » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Can someone tell me where i might find a decent ppp packages so i can
install it on my 710.  I would rather not use ppl for a couple reasons,
1) its slip only, and 2) it wont do c-slip.  If there is a patch for ppl
that might change this, please let me know.  Also if there are some
other programs i need to install before running ppp, let me know that.

Thanks.

Kirby Baker

PPP software?

Post by Rick Jon » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Can someone tell me where i might find a decent ppp packages so i can
: install it on my 710.  I would rather not use ppl for a couple reasons,

I have heard rumblings about some free stuff from a fellow in Japan,
but the only confirmed thing I know about for PPP is the commercial
stuff from Morningstar. You could try browsing the archives listed in
the FAQ (it's on rtfm.mit.edu under pub/usenet/comp.sys.hp.hpux).

: 1) its slip only, and 2) it wont do c-slip.  If there is a patch for ppl
: that might change this, please let me know.

I doubt one could consider upgrading to 10.0 a patch, but the 10.0 ppl
includes cslip support.

rick jones
am fortunately content with vanilla SLIP from home...