HP Laserjet 4000N : Help ! Help !

Post by Nguyen-Dai Qu » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
We have a HP Laserjet 4000N with HP jetdirect server. The printer panel
was locked by JetAdmin from a HP workstation. We have to change the IP
address but unfortunatly we loss the password for unlocking the panel.
Now we can not modify directly from printer panel. We can not also
connect to network because the old IP address not valid now.

Could you give me a solution ?

Thanks in advance
Quy

HP Laserjet 4000N : Help ! Help !

Post by Joerg Honerl » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,
> We have a HP Laserjet 4000N with HP jetdirect server. The printer panel
> was locked by JetAdmin from a HP workstation. We have to change the IP
> address but unfortunatly we loss the password for unlocking the panel.
> Now we can not modify directly from printer panel. We can not also
> connect to network because the old IP address not valid now.

> Could you give me a solution ?

> Thanks in advance
> Quy

I've a Deskjet 1600CM with a JetDirect card. We can configure it by
using telnet.

Joerg Honerla

--
Dr.-Ing. Joerg Honerla              Bismarckst. 81
Gerhard-Mercator-University         D-47048 Duisburg, Germany

HP Laserjet 4000N : Help ! Help !

Post by Clin » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

If it is a external jetdirect than look in the manual I forget the exact
procedure but you can set the print server back to the default settings and
should be able to telnet back into it to set it up the way that you want it.

Quote:> Hi,
> We have a HP Laserjet 4000N with HP jetdirect server. The printer panel
> was locked by JetAdmin from a HP workstation. We have to change the IP
> address but unfortunatly we loss the password for unlocking the panel.
> Now we can not modify directly from printer panel. We can not also
> connect to network because the old IP address not valid now.

> Could you give me a solution ?

> Thanks in advance
> Quy

1. Please help, printing problem HP-UX to HP laserjet 4000N

Hi,

I've installed my HP laserjet 4000N via SAM as a remote printer. This
printer is connected directy to the network with a jetdirect interface card.

When I send a text file for printing, the printer is not understanding the
linefeed-carriage return. It is printing the file on one line only.

Can someone please help me ????

Thanks,

2. Bug?

3. LaserJet 4mv help.

4. Wht doesn't anyone help with data base question on this formum????

5. Help, Help, Help !!!

6. HPUX certification

7. HeLP hElP HElP *pleeeease*

8. multiple page forms

9. help me reset my aptrex c3252a ! help!

10. Help about help files/DOcs about EMC

11. root user password prob. HELP!!HELP!!

12. HELP HP870Cxi HELP

13. Help! Help!