Stale NFS File Handle

Post by Kathryn Lybarge » Wed, 05 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Anyone know how to get rid of this without rebooting the
client?  I am using the automounter, and it seems to just get
confused sometimes.  Please reply to my e-mail address, below.

Kathryn
--

   "Magic is real--unless declared integer."  _The Wizardry Compiled_

Stale NFS File Handle

Post by Michael Piotrowsk » Wed, 05 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> Anyone know how to get rid of this without rebooting the
> client?  I am using the automounter, and it seems to just get
> confused sometimes.  Please reply to my e-mail address, below.

Just had this problem yesterday.  Try to unmount the directory; if it
can't be unmounted because it's busy, use fuser(1M) to find and kill
the processes that are using it and try unmounting it again.

Hope this helps

--

                              <http://www.linguistik.uni-erlangen.de/~mxp/>
Department of Computational Linguistics --- University of Erlangen, Germany