XPR for colour laserjet?

Post by John G.Burn » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for a way of printing colour X pixmaps to our LaserJet 5m
with Postscript. We used to use xpr for our mono lasers but it won't do
colour postscript :-(

Is their a newer version fo xpr? I'm on 10.20 right now.

Any other utility for printing pixmaps from the command line would also
suffice. The images are being generated by xwd. I can print them using
Xv but it would be nicer for the users to automate the task. TIA.

--
"It is better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your
mouth in a meeting with users & prove it." Ancient programming proverb

NB: As I am a gibberring idiot any views expressed here are not
the views of Stolt Comex Seaway Ltd. Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland

XPR for colour laserjet?

Post by Frank Slootw » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> The images are being generated by xwd.

  I am by no means an expert on this, but as far as I know, the general
advice is not to use xpr, because, as you found, it has very limited
device support, but instead use xwd2sb(1), and feed the output to
pcltrans(1G), which has much more elaborate device support.

1. color laserjet 4500 color page count from HP-UX

Does anyone know how to get _color_ page count of a 4500 Color LaserJet
from within HP-UX?

my PJL Technical Reference predates color laserjets and gives no
clue about color pages.
I can get the count by printing test page, but that doesn't help
much because I need to get it after each job - I'm upgrading
a print accounting script to distinguish color pages.
I'd think there must be a PJL command for the purpose, but what
it might be I can't figure out.

If someone could even confirm there's an updated PJL Tech Ref
that contains the info I'd be happy enough to order one
(HP part # would be very much appreciated).

Thanks in advance,

--
Tapani Tarvainen

2. Good and Bad FireWire Cards?

3. Color Postscript with xpr

4. Active Directory Tools

5. xpr source with Paintjet/Deskjet color support

6. TeX under QNX

7. Problems with printer HP Color Laserjet 5

8. HP/UX 9.0X and Oracle 6.0.34 bug (?): lost sgadef.dbf file

9. LexMark Optra Color laserjet printer driver for HPUX 10.20

10. HP Color Laserjet 5m Great Deal!!!!

11. Q: Print Postscript to a NOT PS enhanced HP Color LaserJet 5 Printer?

12. How dump screens to color laserjet ?

13. Vue colour backgrounds & colour allocation