nesting cffunctions

Post by pe175 » Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:59:16

Is it possible to put one cffunction inside another one?

nesting cffunctions

Post by Adam Camero » Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:24:08

Quote:> Is it possible to put one cffunction inside another one?

Nope.

But you *can* include a file that has UDFs in it within a <cffunction>,
which almost amounts to the same thing.

Note the variable-scope bug when you haver <cfinclude> tags in
<cffunctions> that are within CFCs, though.  Due to the bug, I would avoid
this practice if possible.
--

Adam

nesting cffunctions

Post by pe175 » Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:39:59

OK

driving a bit further is it possible to invoke a component from within a function?

nesting cffunctions

Post by Adam Camero » Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:25:07

Quote:> driving a bit further is it possible to invoke a component from within a function?

You invoke a *method of a component*, not a component.  And yes, you can.
Same way you do anywhere else.

What problems/issues are you experiencing?

--

Adam

nesting cffunctions

Post by pe175 » Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:52:27

Thanks for your responses. we are trying to build a large processing page which
does a variety of actions e.g. send email and write to the database. we hade
actually just got to point of your solution. we have been been using a variety
of techniques e.g. extending a base cfc

1. functions and cffunctions in MX

Does anyone have a clear definition of what the scope of a function and
cffunction is?

 One issue we have is we create a custom module which in itself cfincludes a
template with a function definition.  This custom module then cfincludes
another template which calls the function.  ColdFusion returns and error that
the function has not been defined.  But if we also cfinclude that template with
the function definition into the second cfincluded template, ColdFusion returns
an error that the function was defined twice.

 Anyone have a working solution to this problem.

 Thank You

2. List Box.

3. Nesting movies in a composition vs. nesting a composition in another composition

4. preloading problems

5. I have a question about nesting movie clips??

6. multiple update

7. nesting buttons and movie clips, need advice

8. Why is black not black?

9. help with nesting a MC for a loadbar

10. Nesting Loops?

11. Nesting mc's and event actions

12. The nesting technique...

13. nesting movie clip inside movie clip with action script