cfc htlm links

Post by cannotFindANickNam » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:06:05

In a cfc method that displays html,  if there is a link to another method that
displays html, is the application.cfm reprocessed upon clicking the link or
does the browser just display what is in the cfc method that was invoked by the
link.  Sorry, I am new to ColdFusion.

 -dave

cfc htlm links

Post by byron102 » Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:18:07

Also, just a note on architecture.  It's best not to return html from methods,
unless it's something that is pretty much never going to change.  Only thing we
do like this is select boxes that get populated from the db, maybe a few
standard forms, like a login, or address form.  Usually you just want to return
data.

cfc htlm links

Post by byron102 » Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:15:06

When you say link from the cfc method to another method, do you mean a cfhttp
call to the other method (which would be kind of weird), if so the app.cfm
would get processed again.  If you are just calling another method
secondMethod() in the same cfc, then the app.cfm goes once.  If you are calling
another method in a different cfc that you invoke, the app.cfm i'm pretty sure
only goes once, unless the namespace for the invoked cfc is different.  IE
com.domain.mycfc.method1()  makes call to com.domain222.mycfc2.method2()

1. Help with this HTLM code please

Hello,

I have the following code, wich works fine, but I would like to add a
target="blanc" code to the second line (onClick="location ....). So I want
the link to be opened in a new page, how do I have to proceed, can someone
give me the secret to make this happening ? It's part of a menu that uses
background changes with mouse over. Like the menu on the www.anandtech.www
website.

onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#0B09D8';this.style.cursor='hand';"
          onClick="location.href='http://www.cakewalknet.com'"

onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#000000';this.style.cursor='hand';"
          width="9%" height="17">

many thanks,

Hans

--
Hans Van Even
www.cakewalknet.com

2. Director 6.5 sounds

3. Dreamweaver No Longer Formating HTLM clearly

4. Changing types of form fields

5. Can someone correct this htlm code please ?

6. How to display random text on image for sign-up?

7. Fireworks HTLM & Dreamweaver

8. using/setting multiple variables

9. Auto Random HTLM-code (UD4 + access2000)

10. pd online htlm editor

11. PDF to HTLM