SQL*Plus not parsing "create trigger" and "create type" commands

SQL*Plus not parsing "create trigger" and "create type" commands

Post by Sybrand Bakke » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,

> I'm having bizarre problems trying to create triggers or types.
> SQL*Plus does not seem to respond after the command is entered. My
> environment is the following:

> windows nt workstation 4
> oracle server 8i (8.1.5)
> sql*plus 8.1.5 (both command line/windows versions)

> For example:

> create type t as object (c varchar2(3));
> <or>
> create trigger tr after insert on table_name
>    begin
>      insert into table2 values( a, b);
>   end;

> In both cases, after I enter the semi-colon, I'm still at the line
> number prompt. Not until I press "." (period) do I get back to the
> "SQL>" prompt. Plus, Oracle doesn't register that I've done anything.
> If I check the user_triggers table, my trigger isn't there.

> Here's the bizarre part. Using the Oracle ODBC Test Tool, it works!!

> Has anyone encountered this problem, and does anyone know how to fix
> it?

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

> TIA
> Sean O

create trigger tr after insert on table_name
   begin
     insert into table2 values( a, b);
  end;
/ <-

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

1. : Connect strings - "T:"/"2:"/"X:" ?

despite browsing on-line and hardcopy manuals, I haven't found
an overview of SQL*Net connect strings/protocol specifiers,
like for example

  T: TCP/IP
  2: OS/2, Windows/NT, Windows 3.x
  X: SPX/IPX

can anybody point me to relevant docs (FAQ, Oracle on-line or hardcopy
manuals)?

Thanks,

Malgorzata Roos, University of Zurich

2. Crashing Indigo (long)

3. "EXEC SQL DESCRIBE SELECT LIST" returns "Specified partition does not exist"

4. JOB:SW Engineering Director-Test,Reuse

5. Strange question on error message " PLS-00103 : Encountered the symbol "?" "" ( Urgent)

6. SBS Remote Manage

7. "Stored Procedures"- versus "SQL*Forms-only"

8. CF card's

9. "tcpctl stat" after a "tcpctl start" with SQL*Net V1

10. "Named Users" vs. "Concurrent Users" Lic.

11. Help - "Production" and "Test" databases

12. Oracle7 "fieldtypes", "random selection" and more

13. Stored procedures and "select" requires "into"...why?