SQL Loader

Post by godbo.. » Thu, 20 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I have a question about loading a non standard text file into an Oracle database.

The data looks like the following:

LASTNAME*FIRSTNAME MIDDLE       ADDRESS*ADDRESS
LASTNAME*FIRSTNAME              ADDRESS
LASTNAME*FIRSTNAME MIDDLE       ADDRESS*ADDRESS*ADDRESS,ADDRESS
LASTNAME FIRSTNAME MIDDLE       ADDRESS,ADDRESS*ADDRESS
etc.

In most cases, not all, the last past of the address is the Province/State name (Both Abbreviated and not).

I was wondering if it was possible to implement in SQL Loader the necessary logic needed to load the data into the database.

The fields that the data is to go into are:

Last_Name, First_Name, Middle_Name,
Home_Address_1, Home_Address_2, City_Town

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stephane C. Godbout

1. Waiting for SQL*Loader and SQL*Plus to finish/sync on Win NT?

How do you wait for the SQL*Loader and SQL*Plus commands to finish on Win
NT? I'm setting up a script to automatically load data where one command
depends on the next. The Oracle programs spawn a new process/window prior
to starting. I'd like to wait for the Oracle programs to finish prior to
continuing. For example,

Is there a way to wait for each Oracle program finish before
continuing on to the next one?

2. Annoying Pac*Bell Inside Wire Repair Brochure

3. SQL*Loader help with scripts/code/SQL to create a test database ?

4. CUSTOMIZED SOFTWARE - VERY CHEAP

5. Windows (on laptop) Visual Basic - interface to SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader

6. Telerobotics for Dummies

7. ### Oracle 7,Unix, PL/Sql, Sql Loader, Raybrook, NY ###

8. A tool for Clinical Trials Biostatisticians to create Statistical Analysis Plan mock tables with one click

9. SQL*Loader Problem: Fixed-Format, Different Record Types

10. SQL-Loader

11. Sql-Loader

12. sql*loader question

13. SQL*Loader Help