What TCP/IP stack works with SQL*TCP

Post by flac.. » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 08:07:55

We are looking at puting TCP/IP on a bunch of PC's that need to access an Oracle
7.1 database from DOS.  I don't have any documentation here that would tell
me what TCP/IP Kernel SQLTCP.exe supports.  We are currently looking at buying
Novell's LAN WorkPlace.  I know that SQLTCP.EXE works with FTP's implementation
of TCP/IP kernel.

Thanks for any help!

Francois Lachance
Saskatchewan Highways and Transportation.

Post by Paul Singe » Sat, 04 Feb 1995 15:28:49

> We are looking at puting TCP/IP on a bunch of PC's
..
> We are currently looking at buying
> Novell's LAN WorkPlace.
..
> Francois Lachance
> Saskatchewan Highways and Transportation.

Lan Workplace will work.  Any winsock compliant implmentation
should work with the current versions.

What TCP/IP stack works with SQL*TCP

Post by Peggy Morrow x53 » Wed, 08 Feb 1995 01:13:38

I'm designing a group of functions to interface with C applications.  We currently are using Oracle 7.1.3, with Pro*C 2.
Oracle recommends that you call PL/SQL blocks rather than code
sql statements within you pro*C.

Since we will want to port our application to other platforms
(Sybase, Informix, Ingress), does anyone out there have experience with porting PL/SQL?

Thanks,

Peggy Morrow

Post by Byron Pear » Wed, 08 Feb 1995 04:16:11

: We are looking at puting TCP/IP on a bunch of PC's that need to access an Oracle
: 7.1 database from DOS.  I don't have any documentation here that would tell
: me what TCP/IP Kernel SQLTCP.exe supports.  We are currently looking at buying
: Novell's LAN WorkPlace.  I know that SQLTCP.EXE works with FTP's implementation
: of TCP/IP kernel.

: Thanks for any help!

We are currently running SQL*Net using Lan Workplace without any problems.

Byron Pearce                        |  The thoughts and views herein do not
Tandy Information Services          |  necessarily reflect that of Tandy

"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."

1. SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows: Which TCP/IP stack would you recommend

Hi!

We are thinking of installing SQL*Net for Windows to allow us to run
client/server stuff against our Oracle7 database running on a SUN
SPARCserver 1000 running Solaris 2.2.  Since our networked PCs are
netware based and are running over ODI drivers, we would obviously
prefer a TCP/IP stack that can run over ODI.  I'm rather partial to
Novell's LAN Workplace/Workgroup, but I'm open to suggestions (However
I would want to avoid anything that runs over NDIS or needs a NDIS
shim). Does Netmanage Chameleon TCP run over ODI?

I have never seen SQL*Net working so I'm very blur about this (except
that we DO need this), so: I hear V2 is out but I also hear it's also
a bit on the buggy side.  Should we go for V2 or stick to V1.1?  What
are the pros and cons?  Sorry about the stupid questions, but I have
to ask.

Philip
--
+---------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

|Tasek Cement Berhad              |  to persons living or dead is completely  |
|P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA| coincidental. The creator of this article |
|Voice: +605-551-011              |    has asserted its moral right to be     |
|  Fax: +605-566-142              |          identified as the author.        |
+-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+

2. SQL Date Challenge

3. SQL*Net TCP/IP for windows and Microsoft TCP/IP

4. Groupwise 4.1 causing ABEND ON NetWare 4.11 server

5. Which MsWindows TCP/IP is better for Oracle SQL*NET for TCP/IP

6. DVI driver for Canon BJ10ex?

7. Approved" TCP/IP stacks 4 SQL-NET

8. Sheep In Space ?

9. TCP/IP Stack for windows -which??

10. TCP/IP Stack for windows -which ?

11. SQLNET V1 with Win 3.11 and 95 Microsoft TCP/IP stack?

12. ODBC access problems (TCP/IP stack)

13. Win95 /Oracle ODBC -which TCP/IP stack?