Power Objects edit Control

Post by Wang Weicon » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

We are using the Oracle Workgroup Server for NT as the DBMS
Server and using the Power Objects as the client developing tools. but
we encount a big problem, we could NOt set the edit control's password
property, as the power objects does not has this property. Is ther only
the way to write an OCX control to achieve this ?
        Thanks!

Power Objects edit Control

Post by Rick Greenwal » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

There is a way to use the OnKey() method to hide a password posted in the
Power Objects Pro section of www.inquiry.com.

- Rick Greenwald

Power Objects edit Control

Post by Wang Weicon » Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:00:00

        Anyone knows how to solve this problem?
--
Wang Weicong                    Rm. 619, Bldg. 28, Tsinghua Univ.
Beijing, P.R.China,100084       Biomedical Engineering, Dept. of E. E.

1. Power Objects: Enforcing Constrains During User Edit of Fields

How to people enforce field constrants during user edit?

For example, if a field can only contain numbers, it would be nice for
letter and symbol keys to not work.  Or if a field has a maximum length,
it would be nice for ASCII keys to stop working when the maximum length is
reached (but delete and backspace, for example, would still work).

The alternative seems to be to put code in Validate(), but that doesn't
happen until the user leaves the field.  So they get an annoying error
message and have to go back and fix it.  I think it's nicer to have it be
checked while in the field.

I tried adding code to OnKey, and something like "If LEN ( Self.Value ) =
Self.DataSize AND KeyCode = 0" seems to work, except that the length isn't
updated as the user types.  It only seems to get updated when the user
leaves the field.

Any ideas?

--

2. thumbnail sideways

3. Editing Power Object method code

4. Phd in CS (Spec. in genetic algorithms)

5. Text editing in Power Objects

6. Need Help Using Terminal Pgm.

7. Power Objects; how to document/code control?

8. Power Objects source control

9. Recommend Power Objects "Internet" custom controls

10. Power Objects Power Macintosh Native?

11. Power Object Object oriented?

12. Power Objects object to mouse operations