Oracle Product/Termonolinology

Post by JD Krus » Sun, 21 Apr 1996 04:00:00

   I am just beginning my Oracle learning adventure and have been
confused with the following.  From looking at the Oracle course guide,
There seems to be SQL, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, Procedure Builder, etc.  Is
there a central FAQ or guide to ORacle SQL works and their meaning?  Any h
elp would be greatly appreciates

                                        Jason

Post by Thomas J Ky » Mon, 22 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>   I am just beginning my Oracle learning adventure and have been
>confused with the following.  From looking at the Oracle course guide,
>There seems to be SQL, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, Procedure Builder, etc.  Is
>there a central FAQ or guide to ORacle SQL works and their meaning?  Any h
>elp would be greatly appreciates

>                                    Jason

http://raita.oulu.fi/~yaz/www/contents.html seems to have the latest copy of the

Thomas Kyte

Oracle Government

opinions and statements are mine and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation.

1. Optimization of query finding related products for a certain product

Hi everybody,

This query finds the related products for a certain product based on
user visits.

Today this query takes 3 seconds. Is it possible to make it faster
with the same result?

SELECT PRODUCT_ID FROM VISIT WHERE
USER_ID IN (SELECT DISTINCT USER_ID FROM VISIT WHERE PRODUCT_ID =
1883577330)
AND PRODUCT_ID <> 1883577330 GROUP BY PRODUCT_ID ORDER BY
COUNT(DISTINCT USER_ID) DESC

This is the table:

VISIT
-----
USER_ID INT *
PRODUCT_ID INT *
VISITDATE DATE *

Thank you for your help!

/ Jacob

2. Genesys vs. Design Master

3. JOB: Looking for Sybase PowerBuilder or Borland Delphi Product Managers/Product Marketeers

4. COUNTERS IN FP97

5. Oracle products run only for user Oracle

6. NewDeal Office Availability

7. Oracle Products?

8. INITGestalt Proposal

9. Does Oracle support its product on NT???

10. Oracle products for stand-alone PC

11. New Oracle Products?

12. Oracle Application Server vs. other Web Server Products

13. HELP! Oracle trial product on SCO OpenServer 5.0