movrep (Reports 2.0.13) from SQL*ReportWriter V1.1

movrep (Reports 2.0.13) from SQL*ReportWriter V1.1

Post by Eric Ke » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 05:18:42

We're converting a large amount of reports from SQL*ReportWriter
to Oracle Reports 2.0.13.

The movrep program (r20mrep on our platform) issues the error
REP-26522 as follows:
Oracle Reports: Release 2.0.13.10.0 - Production on Mon Jan 30 15:01:55 1995
Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1994.  All rights reserved.
Moving reports in 'GLJNLCNT.rex'...
Moving report 'GLJNLCNT'...
REP-26522: Abnormal condition: SQL*ReportWriter V1.1 objects have duplicate item
 ID's.

These reports do not have "duplicate item ID's" - any idea what could be
going on here?

Thanks,
    Eric

1. Oracle 7.0.13.1 for DEC AXP OSF/1 v1.3 table space problems

We have recently installed Oracle7 (7.0.13.1) on a DEC AXP systeme under OSF/1
V1.3. The installation appear to be successfull and we have been experimenting
again succesfully with small databases. However several problems are preventing
us from adopting this plataform as our Oracle server. We would be very
gratefull for any hints in resolving these problems.

The major problem is that after having the Oracle started even if not used the
OSF/1 system runs out of table space. These prevents any user activity and
users can't log in till the system is rebooted.

The actual error reported is:

File table overflow.

Thes System configuration procedures provides information to address this
problem. The solution is to increase the value of nfile and nvnode in param.c.
Then reconfiguring the kernell and restarting the system. I have done this
several time with increasing additional values. (up to +1024 for each
parameter). The result was that the system was operational for a longger time
period, but eventually the same File table overflow will appear.

The OSF/1 v1.3 system, in the absense of Oracle startup is quite stable. It
stays up for months without any visible problems.

The other (less crytical) problems is the absense in the installation manual of
appropriate procedures to start and stop Oracle automatically under OSF/1.
On this system it seems that rc.local has been replaced by more sphysticated
multi-level scripts.

Any help in resolving these problems would be greatly appreciated. In
particular the proble of File table overflow is rather serious.

Thanks in advance.

Carmelo Granja

2. MultiMail Pro 2.26 cannot download attachments, heeelp...

3. Matrix Reports in Reportwriter v1.1

4. OS/2 DVD Driver Contest Update: New Sponsors

5. ReportWriter 2.0.13 on Solaris 2.4

6. Backup Help

7. Problems with Pro*C V1.3 and ReportWriter V1.1 User Exits

8. Tips and tricks using ClassMate and/or ReportPro - seventh release

9. Reports 2.0.13 & ASCII Files

10. Bug/Feature in Oracle Reports 2.0.13 ???

11. Problem in converting 1.1 reports to 2.0.13

12. HELP on REP-3300 VGS errors with Reports 2.0.13 (repost)

13. Oracle Reports 2.0.13