Porting 16 bit Forms to Win95

Post by Malaney Hi » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

To all interested,

Rather than upgrade to Oracle CDE Tools for Win95,
we would like to port aur existing Win 3.1 Forms,
Reports and Graphics to Windows 95 as is.  Has any
one ever done this before?  The binary runs fine,but
crashes when we actually try to connect to our HP box
where our database is actually stored.  we get a 12203
error which is related to our inability to connect
over TCP/IP.  We are trying to use the standard Win95
TCP/IP stack for this application.

My question is what dll should I be using for the NET API
library.  I imagine that I need a 32 bit version of the dll
so that Oralce can make tns calls to our database.

Thanks in advance for any light you may shed.

Malaney J. Hill
Systems Analyst, Lockheed martin Astrospace

phone:  (609)490-6639

1. Large vs Small Fonts on Win95 with 16-bit Oracle Forms

I am running Windows 95 and using the 16-bit version of Developer
2000.  I do not have the option of upgrading to the 32-bit version of
Dev2000.  I have a Forms application that works fine as long as the
"Small Font" option of the "Display Properties", "Settings"  tab is
used.  When I switch to "Large Fonts", my forms don't look nice any
more since some of the text gets clipped and things don't align
properly.  My users want to use "Large Fonts" -  how can I accomodate
them with out redoing all my forms?  Is there an option in the
oracle.ini file to deal with this?  I want my forms to always appear
as they do when "Small Fonts" is specified.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Help with messed up phone file

3. 32 bit and 16 bit for Forms 4.5

4. Embarrassing advertising (Was: Re: Mathematica Results for 604 vs P6)

5. Win95 PO7 and 16-bit tools connecting?

6. Need Fast Replacement For XCOPY and Size of Tree Utilities

7. Both 16- and 32-bit under Win95 using SQL*Net

8. Invalid IOR - help!

9. SQL*NET 2.1 (16-bit) + WIN95 Problem

10. Oracle 16 bit DLL together with 32 bit code (Windows 3.1)

11. 16 bit ODBC drivers for a 32 bit SQL*NET ?

12. SQL*Net 16-bit and 32-bit

13. Windows 95, 16-bit SQL*Net v2 vs. v1 causes Forms 4.5 not to yield